Creating an impact through ensuring sustainable operations, delivering superior IT services, and instilling a culture of social responsibility in our people
At TCS, we believe in making a positive impact on the community by using technology to innovate solutions, ensuring our business is environmentally and socially responsible, and encouraging our people to volunteer in the community. We make an impact in the following ways:
- Pro-bono support for community organisations using TCS core competencies
- Community volunteering involving our people and their families
- Philanthropic support for charities
- Sustainable business operations
- Partnerships with our clients on CSR activities
We place a strong emphasis on volunteering in the community. In 2014, TCS launched the ‘Purpose for Life’ initiative to encourage each TCS employee to volunteer at least 10 hours in a year with community organizations.
As part of the Tata group of companies, TCS contributes close to 49 percent of its annual dividend to the Tata philanthropic trusts.
Our focus areas
TCS ANZ focuses its CSR efforts towards three key areas – education, health, and environment – these being critical to the well-being of our community. Additionally, we are particularly keen to enhance the relationship between the Australian, New Zealand, and Indian communities.
A glimpse into our programs:
- Alleviate the skills shortage in the Australian and New Zealand IT industry
- Increase gender diversity in the IT industry
- Teachers Resources: In partnership with the Tech Partnership in the United Kingdom, Tata Consultancy Services has developed a Careers Resource Pack for teachers of technology and Careers Advisors. The pack contains lesson plans and information about the various roles in the technology industry, the necessary qualifications and the average salaries. Please download the soft copy or request a hard copy at email@example.com
- Innovate solutions to address global health issues
- Enhance capacity of the health sector to ensure the health and well-being of citizens
- Encourage fitness, health, and well-being of our people and the community at large
- Conserve Australia’s and New Zealand’s natural heritage and biodiversity
- Mitigate the effects of climate change
Australia / New Zealand – India relations
- Encourage cross-cultural learning and build a stronger relationship between Australia, New Zealand, and India
Our community partners
We are proud to partner with these organisations to achieve our CSR objectives.
Awards and recognition
TCS Recognized Among Global Leaders in 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
Tata Consultancy Services Ranked Number One of Top 100 Companies in 2014 Asia in Sustainability Ranking