- Existing learning models too static to adapt for frequent change in job roles and requirements
- Lack of mechanisms to effectively share tacit knowledge arising as part of day-to-day work
- Increasing number of specializations and the need for highly specific courses
- Making the “right” and “most relevant” information available in a single instance instead of the user having to navigate through a sea of information
- Increasing requirement of learning through peers and collaboration
What TCS Provides
In addition to customized learning and education solutions, TCS has developed two offerings based on its vast expertise in eLearning, Web 2.0 and industry standards such as SCORM.
Learning Portal: Built on Web 2.0 technologies, TCS’s learning portal provides searchable learning, information, collaboration, and social networking features. It can be used for employees (as a multifaceted learning environment) as well as for customers (as a product training environment).
Product Training: The focus is on multi-modal product training for effective retention of product features, both, for the sales force as well as customers. It allows customized presentation and delivery of learning resources depending on individual preferences. Simulations and scenarios also allow the learning to be experiential.
TCS provides the following services:
- Consulting to analyze needs and recommend solution designs for employee and customer needs
- Building end-to-solutions that use multiple modalities to enable learners to effectively retain information
- Analyzing, designing, and developing media-rich, interactive, easily searchable, SCORM/AICC compliant custom content
- Building content for varied modes of instruction such as classroom, online, blended, synchronous, and asynchronous
TCS’ eLearning Center of Excellence is dedicated to providing trustworthy advice to customers in strategizing their learning programs and aligning them to their business needs.
- Improves productivity and performance by providing on-demand, contextually-relevant information to the employee
- Improves RoI on Learning & Development activities as it leverages the existing organizational network
- Increases employee satisfaction
- Increases customer satisfaction as it helps provide on-demand information and support to customers
- Enhances product sale as it allows retention of product features and quick access to product updates therefore making the product more user-friendly