Aspiring for excellence in sustainability performance requires optimizing processes for sustainability data management, flexible and adaptive platforms for disclosure requirements and meeting stakeholder requirements.
TCS enables sustainability performance management through a closer integration of processes and sustainability-related data across the enterprise. This calls for a detailed process design, robust data model, alignment of the key performance indicators to sustainability objectives and an effective governance mechanism.
The TCS Advantage
TCS can help accelerate the implementation of sustainability performance management platforms through some of its assets and software integration capabilities:
- TCS’ “ecoBIDS” methodology helps you devise a logical data model to manage the enterprise-wide sustainability information as well as from its supply chain.
- TCS’ Sustainability Performance Management (SPM) products comparison matrix on more than 25 COTS products that cater to sustainability performance management requirements can accelerate technology selection.
- TCS’ ability to tightly integrate the platform with other systems eliminates data consistency and quality issues, and manual processes, thereby providing a strong foundation to carry out analytics and improve your sustainability performance.
Solutions we offer
Carbon Accounting and Certification: Baseline your organization’s GHG Emissions under Scope 1, 2 and 3 in line with the ISO 14064-1:2006 standard followed by support in certification by a third-party assurance agency.
Water Footprinting: Calculate your organization’s water footprint and facilitate a certification for water neutrality or positivity where applicable through an external agency.
Disclosure Support: Support your organization's efforts toward voluntary disclosures as per the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
Sustainability Process Blueprinting: Establish your organization’s sustainability KPIs in alignment to the stated objectives, institutionalize the management processes, standardize reporting and monitoring procedures, refine your supporting environment policies and define the responsibilities of various business units.
Sustainability Data Management: Develop a robust data model to support the sustainability processes and management procedures, leveraging our “ecoBIDS” framework, map the data sources and data interface specification.
Sustainability Management Platform Implementation: Select, design and implement an integrated management platform on proprietary or COTS or bespoke software
Sustainability Data Management (Tracking and Analytics): Leverage the SPM platform and track and benchmark enterprise performance on the following sustainability parameters:
By engaging TCS to design and implement a sustainability performance management platform, you derive the following benefits:
- Performance-driven assessment of sustainability vision, goals and targets
- Ability to cascade the sustainability objectives across your enterprise’s hierarchy
- A single platform for all the reporting requirements toward compliance, voluntary disclosures and customer audits
- Real-time, or near real-time, data availability for different stakeholders through the integrated platform
- Third-party auditable and certifiable sustainability-related data
- Significant reduction in monitoring and reporting efforts, which can be re-directed to identify and drive initiatives