As a part of its commitment, TCS seeks to instill good environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices in its upstream supply chain by encouraging its supply chain partners to adopt and practice highest levels of (ESG) standards. TCS is also keen to engage with and support its downstream supply chain partners in their respective endeavors on sustainability. The intent is to balance the impact on people and planet, across the value chain, while TCS continues to strive for business growth. We aim to fulfill this commitment by seeking relationships with suppliers who share a common commitment to:
- Conduct business in an ethical manner and abide by all legal and regulatory requirements and other requirements like the Tata Code of Conduct, TCS Supplier Code of Conduct, TCS standards on health, safety and environment (HSE), etc.
- Comply with the international labor practice standards with specific focus on the ILO Conventions including conventions pertaining to
- freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labor
- effective abolition of child labor
- elimination of discrimination with respect to employment and occupation
- Respect the Human Rights of all stakeholders in the supply chain
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace to its employees and other partners
- Demonstrate commitment to protect the environment by conserving natural resources, preventing pollution, implementing waste reduction and management programs and minimizing its impact on the climate
- Promote diversity and inclusivity
- Maintain transparency and disclose sustainability performance and practices in line with regulations or international practices
- Demonstrate leadership by propagating the sustainability agenda upstream to its own supply chain
A system and process driven approach based on management systems principles shall ensure compliance with these standards and demonstrate continual improvement.
TCS looks forward to building sustainable and mutually rewarding partnerships with its supply chain with a view to contribute to its own business sustainability and that of the people & planet.
Download a signed copy of the policy (PDF, 300 KB)