A powerful combination of digital technologies, the solution leverages robotics for remote sensing, Big Data and advanced analytics of captured images, and mobility for anytime, anywhere information access. It also prevents human calamities and environmental disasters, and eliminates the associated cost of damages.
Field officers are notified on their mobile handsets as soon as anomalies are detected using Big Data and image analytics technology. It also provides field personnel with routes, as well as details of weather, the landowner, and the vendor, for repair support. It enables personnel to locate tools and equipment to initiate requisitions, service orders, and workflows for approvals.
The TCS Advantage
- Domain expertise: By drawing upon more than two decades of experience in geographic information systems (GIS) and image processing, we offer customized solutions that meet your industry specific requirements. Our experienced mobility and Big Data analytics team helps you seamlessly adapt these technologies for pipeline surveillance.
- Advanced analytics: We make continual enhancements to the analytics module of the solution to enable effective anomaly detection. By performing temporal analytics, the solution looks for progressive changes and repetitive anomalies, and also identifies patterns for preventive action.
- R&D support: Our strong research and development (R&D) group helps you adapt contemporary technologies to your business requirements.
The Digital Pipeline Surveillance Solution is scientific, accurate, and eco-friendly. It helps you:
- Lower surveillance costs: The solution offers an easy, cost-effective, and geography-independent way of obtaining the required imagery.
- Enhance operational safety: Remote sensing-based surveillance is safer since it does not require human intervention.
- Increase efficiency and accuracy: The solution reduces manual dependency, thereby lowering the chance of errors. Multispectral digital imaging with geo-coordinates ensures precision in determining the, area, location, and nature of the incident. Additionally, remote scrutiny provides adequate time for analyzing images and enhancing change detection.
- Improve business process: The mobile application and portal publish reports and alarms, and provide easy accessibility to historical data of the entire pipeline. Furthermore, satellite imagery
generates documents that can be used for legal and other official remedial actions.
Monitor land ownership effectively: The captured imagery allows pipeline companies to monitor and update land ownership records.
- Reduce environmental impact: The solution helps eliminate emission of up to 50,000 - 70,000 lbs of carbon dioxide (CO2) per 600 miles, translating to a reduction in 66 - 88 million lbs of CO2 per annum.