The TCS Advantage
Our digital re-imagination experts (Retail, Digital technologies, Architects and Usability) will drive your reimagination journey aided by our asset repository across areas such as customer, stores, merchandising and supply chain.
In our TCS Innovation lab, we are incubating and testing several solutions based on the new digital technologies.
TCS recommends a customer engagement model, allowing retailers to constantly engage with the customers, be it in-store or through social media to understand their needs/wants and offer them one-to-one personalized services.
Solutions We Offer
TCS understands the retailers’ need for reimagining and rediscovering the workspace in line with changing customer expectations. While envisaging reimagined workspace for the clients, we focus on process simplification and automation, collaborative workforce and creating a higher in-store shopping experience for the customer. We recognize the following themes as the key drivers for a store transformation journey:
- Intelligent Execution: Redefine processes to optimize and automate task execution across activities, events, location, time, role and SLAs which would b instrumental in enhancing operational efficiency.
- Cross Channel: Empower stores associates with tools to offer seamless and personalized experience to customers across channels.
- Know your Customer: Gain insights into the customers’ behavior, preferences, shopping history across all channels for personalized interaction.
- Customer Engagement: Empower store associates with tools and enable them to reach customers instantly, provide customers with more targeted selling.
- Store Collaboration: A knowledge sharing platform which encourages mentoring, coaching and collaborative problem solving among the associates across the enterprise.
- Predictive Operations: Provide a single source of truth for store associates for operations and sales information through advanced insights and alerts based on analytical models.
Nexus of the digital five forces will have a great influence in redefining the store entity relationship with new age digital consumers. For stores, it will be all instant gratifications for customer purchases, converting transactions into personalized interactions, empowering the store associate with right information on hand to convert a sale and in offering a superior customer service.
From a supply chain perspective, leveraging big data together with predictive and prescriptive analytics for an advanced forecasting mechanism for better demand sensing and response capabilities. In addition to this, improved cross-channel order visibility and single view of inventory to deliver flexible fulfilment options to the customers through agile, responsive and unified supply chain are important when catering to customer orders. Big data and Internet of Things can be used to offer food traceability for the customers right from source to the shopping cart.
We strongly feel that transformational technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Augmented reality can potentially be very disruptive for the grocery retail industry. In our TCS Innovation lab, we are incubating and testing several solutions based on these technologies.
Some of our solutions include:
- Stock taker helps in checking inventory count in-store using automated drone vehicles. Stock takers also understand the movement and sale of store SKUs.
- My Home IoT, another solution which can be very useful for grocery shoppers, help manage/build their shopping trip/list, monitor and get a personal shopping assistant all powered by IoT.
- AR Navigator can be useful for an in-store shopper as it provides shoppers with special promotions and interesting product details which can thereby increase conversion rates.
- TCS Store Power, is an innovative solution to reimagine workplace at stores, adopting the vivacious concept of our organization.