The Customer: TCS’ client, one of the world’s largest airline alliances, was the first to offer truly worldwide reach, recognition and seamless service to the international traveler.
TCS’ client sought to expand its mobile offerings and needed the assistance of a solution integrator with iPhone application development capabilities.
As the prime solution integrator, we undertook the overall responsibility for the project, collaborating with the client team and other agencies to ensure smooth delivery. We undertook the following steps:
- Identified the potential application bottlenecks, reusable components and required UI assets and URLs for web services
- Collaborated with the marketing agency
- Analyzed the Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) provided by Apple and applied the suggested best practices in the development of the iPhone app
- Sourced domain data using third-party services as well as web services owned by the client to further enrich the app
TCS’ Global Network Delivery Model™ (GNDM™) developed the app in an onsite/offshore mode, bringing down the cost considerably.
The app provides the following services:
- Instant access to flight information
- Location-based services including airport information with GPS features
- An enhanced customer experience with the ability to connect to social media channels
- Added support for customers with easy access to facts and figures about the member airlines
More than 125,000 user downloads from the Apple app store indicate the popularity and usefulness of the app among target customers.