TCS Offerings | The TCS Advantage
| The Internet of Things (IoT) offers the potential to exchange information and insights in real time, across a connected network. It utilizes cost-effective low power sensors to effectively track and transmit monitored parameters for analysis, to drive timely decision making. As organizations across industries begin to reorient their business models to realize the IoT potential, the need for engineering support is bound to rise.
TCS offers a range of services to help companies design and deploy IoT solutions, such as:
- Connected cars and transport solutions and services: We utilize internet-enabled systems and wireless technologies for a safe driving experience, with vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-home (grid), vehicle-to-infrastructure, vehicle-to-smart devices connectivity, and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). We also provide continuous occupant health monitoring with the availability of emergency alerts, call facilities, and SMS provisioning.
- Connected health solutions: We support Continua-compliant medical devices, aggregating data from fitness wearables and uploading it to electronic records. Threshold monitoring and aggregation computes the patient health index and transmits feedback to caregivers. The solution provides real-time monitoring through video conferencing, connected health systems, and the healthcare app.
- Energy management solutions: Energy management as a service including enterprise segmentation of energy, budget forecasting, sourcing opportunities, and asset level segmentation.
Remote energy monitoring center for real-time centralized monitoring of energy consumption across sites and equipment, energy event opportunity identification report, and energy event management through alerts and notifications.
- Energy analytics and advisory services to enable energy consumption assessment and audits, metering infrastructure, and energy data management assessment.
- Asset performance management solutions: We offer a product-agnostic IT-OT convergence framework with in-built utility-specific asset metadata, process libraries, and adaptors to integrate IT and OT systems such as asset management, geographic information systems (GIS), field mobility, Historian, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems. At the heart of the solution is an industry meta-model that powers asset data synchronization with real-time actionable Insights for informed business decisions. Analytics provide rich visualization with geographic reference for incident management, situational awareness, and OCC including a 360-degree view of assets for proactive management.
- Manufacturing transformation (Industry 4.0) solution: We offer consulting and engineering services to establish digitized and connected manufacturing processes with mass customization, and a self-configuring, automated manufacturing floor that is vertically integrated with sales and production planning systems. Inbound production and outbound logistics are horizontally integrated to offer a digital thread throughout production and post-production. This offers a feedback loop into the next-generation product development cycle, leveraging the closed loop PLM system to reduce costs and optimize resource utilization.
The TCS Advantage
TCS offers a differentiating approach with:
- Cross-industry experience: TCS has significant experience in implementing IoT solutions by employing latest technologies and knowledge across industries like aerospace, automobile, high tech, telecom, retail, consumer packaged goods, energy, resources, utilities , and life sciences.
We offer a comprehensive closed loop product lifecycle management (PLM) system where customer feedback is incorporated in next-generation product development, resulting in better product design and operational efficiencies.
- Partner ecosystem: TCS has forged strong alliances with leading industry players and solution vendors to offer you access to best-in-class technologies and industry best practices.
- Research focus: We understand that the technological landscape is evolving at a rapid pace and to keep pace with it, we invest heavily in R&D. TCS has set up dedicated Innovation Labs to develop breakthrough solutions using next-gen technologies.
- Technical proficiency: TCS’ domain experts have deep expertise in Big Data and analytics and have developed several advanced analytical models that can be customized as per an organization’s unique business requirements.
By leveraging TCS’ engineering services for IoT solutions, organizations can benefit from:
- End-to-end engineering solutions and services – sensors and devices, gateway to cloud, analytics tools, applications for remote monitoring and control – that help you reduce costs, optimize operations, develop better next-generation products, improve customer experiences, and enhance return on investment (ROI).
- Superior consulting and advisory services to enable you to make the best use of your resources. Our automation tools help you optimize costs, reduce errors, and improve quality. Our consultants work with you to analyze the as-is state of your organization and identify new avenues of growth, in line your strategic business objectives.