“TCS was an excellent partner in this engagement, ensuring success at each stage of the project through their flexibility, commitment, and support resulting in remarkable end-user experience and customer satisfaction." -
- Carol Rogers, Executive Head, Enterprise Support at Cell C
About the client
TCS’ client Cell C is the third largest GSM telecom service provider for voice, data, HSPA and GPRS services in South Africa. It operates a dual band network, offering products and services to 21 million active subscribers.
Cell C needed to transform their learning department to offer its customer care agents, franchisees and sales teams a robust, timely and effective training program that could maximize their skills and ensure superior customer service. This required migration of their existing Human Capital Management system to an Oracle cloud based solution. With TCS' expertise in Cloud HCM, Cell C was able to centralize and improve its LMS and meet the growing training requirements of its stakeholders during new product launches.
TCS implemented Oracle Taleo Learn Cloud Service, a comprehensive learning solution by migrating the required data from the existing E-Business Suite Human Capital Management (EBS HCM) to the cloud based system. The solution was designed to support all education models and design a centralized system that not only helped with end-to-end instructor led training at multiple locations, but also allowed administrators to publish content and evaluate trainers, online. With advanced LMS, Cell C was able to effectively train and assess customer care and franchise staff members before the launch of each new product.
The new LMS helped in realizing the following benefits:
- Able to conduct relevant training programs by assessing knowledge gaps among customer service agents and sales consultants
- Enhance its sales performance and customer satisfaction by better informed and trained employees
- Up-skill employees in remote areas
- Ensure market readiness for new product launches with accelerated trainings
- Streamline their content management and delivery
- Access to best practices from centralized repository for continuous improvement