Eaton Corporation (Eaton) is a diversified power management company that is engaged in the manufacturing of electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use, and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety.
Eaton sought to present “One Face to the Customer” through standard processes, shared information and a common system for effective management of sales and customer service.
TCS provided a solution that consisted of the standardization of the sales and order management processes of the Moeller Application with new enhanced features and functionalities and ported this to the global Siebel CRM platform used by Eaton Corporation.
The engagement with TCS helped move Eaton’s users to Siebel 8.1 to align with the company’s global platform. The company gained the following benefits:
- A single repository of data and consolidation of customer profiles for all the business units
- The ability to analyze and evaluate lead quality and conversion ratios by integration with opportunity management
- Increased efficiency in field operations with the automated synchronization of Siebel and Outlook
- Single, month-wise view of the revenue data for the last three years
- Real-time information for service requests and fulfillment due to the online integration with the SAP system
- Data synchronization between Siebel and SAP for accounts and revenues
“My special thanks to our team from TCS under the lead of Anurag Gupta. This team demonstrated a professional partnership and was a reliable vendor during the whole project period. Especially the four resources we worked with on spot here in Germany were always there for each question at any time.”
- Eaton Corporation, Winfried Böseler, IT-Manager EMEA Customer Facing Center of Excellence