Qualcomm Incorporated engages in the development, design, manufacture, and marketing of digital wireless telecommunications products and services. It is the world's largest fabless semiconductor producer and the largest provider of wireless chipset and software technology.
The Qualcomm Real Estate and Facilities (QREF) team utilized a predominantly manual system of inventory management that was proving to be increasingly inadequate to meet the needs of the company. They realized that the need for an automated and streamlined solution for their inventory management, and turned to TCS to develop and implement a robust solution on the Force.com platform.
We built an automated Force.com application for the administrative staff of the QREF division to help them maintain and manage their inventories across various building locations. Our solution supported the order placement for these products by both the employees and the administrative staff and enabled the bulk processing of these orders on a daily and weekly basis.
- Reduction of overhead expenses by at least 40% and manual effort by 65% with automation.
- Improved employee satisfaction with automation, bulk ordering facilities and reduction in manual tracking and placing of orders.
- Enriched user experience with the order management site being designed with a look-and-feel similar to commercial e-commerce websites.
- Improved insights and decision making with the 360° view of inventory provided by the reports and dashboards tool
“TCS has provided excellent support on a wide variety of our Salesforce projects and delivered innovative and quality solutions to our stakeholders. They are always researching ways to improve efficiency and productivity when building solutions on Force.com platform. TCS is a key business partner and its associates are valued members of our team.”
- Qualcomm, Inc., Thomas Bridges, IT Director