Tata Communications Ltd. is the world’s largest wholesale international voice carrier, the largest submarine cable operator, and offers one of the largest global Internet backbones and data centers. With 6,400 employees, TCL operates 40 data centers and carries 32 billion minutes of international traffic each year.
TCL’s Enterprise Business Unit needed a customer data management system with enhanced functionalities:
- Automation of the business processes from opportunity to order management and allocation of activities to teams catering to TCL’s mid-market business
- Facility to manage and track activities for supplier managers who in turn manage third- party vendors
- Managing mandatory site feasibility management for high value transactions and closure tracking for all products and services
- Provision of past site feasibility record details for sales and Global Access Management (GAM) users for faster closure of orders
- Verification of customer credit during opportunity orchestration
We implemented a Salesforce Sales Cloud module for TCL, developing a proof of concept and design for business-driven application enhancements requirements.
We automated the following processes:
- Creation and assignment of product tasks and service resources task for business units catering to virtual network operators
- Enhancements to the site feasibility module to perform level 2 feasibility tasks (L2 feasibility)
- Credit verification of customers before opportunity orchestration
With TCS’ solution, TCL’s marketing and sales teams are able to collaborate and manage customer data and orchestrate the sales cycles to improve customer experience. Other benefits of our solution include the following:
- Reduction in operational times for the sales and GAM users conducting level 2 feasibility activities
- Ability to generate quotes from the system, thereby reducing feasibility turnaround times and allowing the sales team to close opportunities faster
- Automation of opportunity orchestration and conversion activities, leading to a reduction in manual overheads