“We've had a business partnership with TCS for more than 10 years now. It's been a really positive relationship in which both parties have worked alongside each other for excellent business outcomes.”
- Benoit Hanssen, Chief Technology Officer, VHA
About the client
TCS’ client VHA is a leading mobile telecommunications company in Australia. Delivering mobile services to nearly five million customers in Australia, VHA is an industry leader with a focus on providing superior CX through its high-quality portfolio of products and services.
VHA needed to transform their CRM operations to offer its customers a simpler in-store and mobile experience. They also wanted to support faster time to market for product bundling and new sales capabilities across all touch points. This required up gradation of its 10-year-old Siebel CRM system to migrate its users to the latest version without interrupting business operations. With TCS’ expertise in CRM applications, VHA was able to transform their processes while supporting the large and complex customer care and retail operations.
TCS took a phased approach to upgrade the CRM platform and gradually migrate users to the new system. A comprehensive plan was executed to manage the transition from the existing Siebel 7.5 CRM system to the new 8.1 version while synchronizing solutions between the old and new applications. For the two applications to co-exist and work efficiently, real-time bidirectional synchronization of the CRM data was needed. TCS implemented an active bidirectional data synchronization solution—a first-of-its-kind for the telecom industry, using Oracle Golden Gate (OGG). TCS' rigorous and comprehensive CRM transition strategy and in-depth knowledge of Siebel and OGG technology helped this transition delivered on time in the most efficient manner.
- Improved CX due to faster activation times and simplified purchase processes
- Increased productivity based on unified and simplified retail sales processes
- Growth in revenue through cross-selling and up-selling
- Improved agility by accommodating more users and orders with scalable CRM solution
- Enhanced operational efficiency through improved sales cycle time and consistent ordering, pricing, and product management