Interoperability between multi-vendor devices, without the consumer having to worry about device discovery and configuration, will be the key criteria for consumer purchases in future; the market view will change from “good to have” to “must have”. Therefore, vendors must be agile in development, be first-to-market with a high-quality product while keeping a close control on costs.
It is imperative for players in the consumer electronics, PC and mobile industries to build cross-vendor, cross-device compatibility into their products while ensuring speed-to-market, high product quality and cost effectiveness.
There will also be a need for continuous product innovation for ensuring market leadership; all enhancements would need to comply with standards. And to achieve this rapid turnaround, availability of skilled personnel with DLNA/UPnP protocols experience will be essential. This would lead to an increase in development cost and time-to-market. Accelerating market acceptance through compliance testing will also be a critical factor.
What TCS Provides
TCS has developed a proprietary digital media controller (DMC) software called Home Multimedia Junction (HMJ). Developed using GTK on Ubuntu (Debian based) Linux, HMJ is a GUI-based DMC which has been successfully ported on Linux-based embedded platforms including Intel-Moblin and Maemo using Scratchbox and Hildon. HMJ is a re-usable DLNA asset that can be quickly customized to build the products your customers want - from an application, platform or performance perspective – thus bringing down development time and costs considerably.
In addition to the HMJ, TCS offers the following services:
- Testing products for DLNA-conformance, using a simulator-based test environment
- Proofs of concept and new solutions development
- Design and development of additional accessories for DLNA
- Maintenance/Sustenance and quality assurance for DLNA-related software solutions
- Embedding of convergent solutions like the DMC on your device
- Integration of current applications with future applications for home environment like personal health monitoring, home security, home and car entertainment server synchronization
TCS’ home networking solutions will help optimize the cost of innovation and reduce time-to-market and improve the end quality of the product.
If you already have DLNA compliant products on the market, TCS can help in the following:
- Expanding product coverage
- Freeing up internal R&D teams so they can focus on fresh product development
If you do not have DLNA compliant products, but are operating in the consumer electronics segment, TCS can help in the following:
- Quickly building a DLNA compliant product portfolio without compromising on quality
- Training R&D teams on protocol details of DLNA/UPnP