- Execution of a large content migration project without data loss, data integrity, lapse in data security and business rules violation
- Lack of a mature migration framework / methodology
- Automation of the migration activity
- Resolution of issues like, migration of security settings and business rules
- Availability of internal staffing and focused expertise on content migration
What TCS Provides
TCS has extensive experience in EMC Documentum and other technology platforms to facilitate a smooth transition from one product to another. Our framework is equipped to handle implementations where the content is scattered over several file systems or shared drives. Having worked on successful migration implementations, comprising of terabytes-size repositories and millions of documents, we add value to the engagement with the following:
Our ECM Center of Excellence (CoE) comprises a large pool of experts who are well-versed with ECM products from leading vendors such as EMC, IBM, Livelink, Adobe, Microsoft, Vignette Interwoven, and others, thus making it easier for us to develop extraction and loading strategies that are best suited to your needs.
Docexfer is our in-house, ready-to-use bulk import tool that loads content along with associated metadata from the local file system into EMC Documentum. It can also be easily customized to cater to other ECM products. Docexfer has been tested thoroughly and tuned to provide optimum performance and resource utilization. It efficiently handles exceptions, provides tracing and error logging, and configuration of input parameters.
Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), as we save the time taken to develop and test new content migration tools and leverage our past migration experiences, proven assets, best practices and reusable components to accelerate the transition. We also save you the cost associated with procuring a licensed content-loading tool, thus generating maximum gains from your migration activity.
- Reduction of close to 10-15% effort due to the use of several customizable reusable tools for extraction and loading, built for Filenet, livelink, Documentum, etc.
- Access to 1000+ ECM resources across several ECM products, 20+ successful Migration implementations across various industry verticals
- Successfully migrated repositories with 8 million+ documents and 1 terabyte+ of content.
- Mature migration methodology resulting in the reduction of implementation risk, time-to-market and the cost of migrating content, and minimal application downtime