The rapid shift from print to digital, increased adoption of Open Access (OA) model, changing expectations of Generation Y researchers, and entry of new technology players have brought about significant changes to the scholarly communication ecosystem. While discretionary spend on Scientific, Technical, Medical, and Scholarly (STMS) research has been growing, traditional subscription revenues for journal publishers are under strain. This calls for commercial STMS publishers to digitally reimagine their existing offerings and traditional business models, as well as revenue channels.
This Digital Reimagination TM is enabled by TCS' Scholarly Research Collaboration Solution (SRCS), which allows STMS publishers to directly engage with the scholarly community early in the research cycle as opposed to the traditional model of post-submission engagement with only a fraction of the author community.
Our Solutions | Benefits | The TCS Advantage | Download Brochure
SRCS, powered by TCS Smart Content Management Backbone (SCMB), provides a collaborative workspace for researchers to connect with peers in niche communities, intuitively discover relevant scholarly materials, and get critical analytical insights into scholarly activities in their respective discipline and take informed decisions.
The solution leverages the power of the digital forces namely, Big Data and analytics, social collaboration, mobility and cloud technologies combined with publishers' content assets and industry taxonomies to intuitively discover relevant content for the researchers and provide critical insights into research trends. It helps STMS publishers reimagine their offerings, using digital channels to a broader customer segment in the form of value-added services and content-based analytics.
- Effectively engage with the research community: Offer a compelling value proposition to researchers by engaging with them early in the research cycle and aiding them to achieve successful research outcomes
- Provide a superior user experience: Provide a personalized experience to researchers based on their profiles and disciplines of interest. The platform has self-learning capabilities to continuously enrich the individual user’s profile based on usage patterns, interaction with peers, publications, conference attendance, and other details.
- Serve different research domains: The solution can be flexibly configured and branded for specific research domains (scientific, medical, humanities, etc.) with required customization to meet the needs and nuances of each community.
- Increase your return on content: Using the underlying SCMB content services, TCS Scholarly Research Collaboration Solution maximizes the value of your content by:
- Enabling automatic mash-ups of your enterprise STMS content with that from other information sources like Open Access repositories, third-party data sources like CrossRef, and research-related news feeds from various news agencies.
- Converting your repository into a multi-dimensional network of linked data through an intelligent algorithm of semantic mark-up that uses discipline-specific ontology
The TCS Advantage
TCS Scholarly Research Collaboration Solution is bolstered by:
- Industry experience: TCS has considerable experience in the publishing industry, and has worked with global publishers of repute for over 15 years.
- Technology expertise: TCS’ Smart Content Lab provides a research and experimentation framework that ensures the relevance of our solutions in the changing industry and content technology landscape.
- Services and platform: We offer a range of services to build customized smart content solutions based on TCS Smart Content Management Backbone.
- Flexible deployment and support options: The solution can be hosted at TCS, on premise, or in the cloud, based on your needs. Technology agnostic: The solution is independent of any specific technology product and thereby protects your existing technology investments.