the TCS Advantage
We, at TCS, are richly equipped with supply chain transformation capabilities and a dedicated supply chain Center of Excellence to help transform your supply chain into an agile, efficient and flexible IT-enabled business system by leveraging TCS’ Supply Chain Operations Process Excellence (SCOPE) model.
Solutions we offer
We provide advanced ERP-based solutions, which help you adopt the right supply chain strategy. With TCS implementation accelerators, we help you integrate and leverage your existing knowledge-base with that of the industry best practices to facilitate superior returns on your investments.
Our solutions for supply chain-wide technology strategy and performance measures include the following:
- Preconfigured supply chain solution framework and scenario, which facilitates faster understanding, quicker implementation, realization and support of the supply chain transformation solution leading to significant TCO reduction.
- Industry model solutions, which cater to the various elements of an industry’s supply chain:
- Annual operating plan
- Advanced planning and scheduling - inbound and outbound
TCS’ logistics solutions are built to support extended supply chains with effective transportation strategies to achieve superior service levels with the customers in the global marketplace:
- Process mapping and consultancy in new models and strategies of logistics execution with root cause analysis and process re-engineering
- Monitoring various modes of transportation for inbound and outbound logistics
- Tracking the movements of various assets for enhanced inside plant performance
- Controlling field activities covering the deployment of manpower, trucks, barges and wagons, refueling, and planning and scheduling of various transportation units
We help you with an end-to-end implementation of the logistics solution, primarily those aspects, which are not covered in standard ERP solutions, and integration with existing ERP and SCM systems.
- Smooth and timely flow of information flow
- Significantly lower inventory, dynamically optimized and managed across a multi-tier supply chain
- Increased planner productivity, with integrated ERP and SCM planning and execution systems, which provide automated management of inventory targets and operational synchronization
- Reduced operational costs, including reduced costs for freight, expediting and handling
- Improved customer-service levels, with the right mix of finished goods, semi-finished goods and raw-material inventory levels
- Online visibility of various elements of logistics costs including demurrage charges
- Real-time visibility of transportation levers including in-house equipments