The cruise industry is facing several challenges, from fuel surcharge and energy consumption to emissions and environmental protection, recruitment and training, new rules and regulations, some of which are applied seemingly arbitrarily, and recession. To add to the list of challenges are the occasional regional conflicts, ranging from pirates to terrorist attacks and other social unrest activities that disrupt travel and create dramatic headlines.
The cruise industry leverages technology to overcome the following challenges:
What TCS Provides
TCS is a full-service player that provides domain consultancy, project management, application development and support, infrastructure service management and business process management services.
Over the years, we have partnered with world’s largest cruise companies to provide IT services to their mission-critical and core applications. We have extensive experience in developing and maintaining business critical applications for reservation, embarkation, debarkation, onboarding, sales and marketing for cruises.
We also have specialized cruise industry knowledge in system integration solutions, SOA, dynamic package solutions, loyalty solutions, shore and land excursions, integration with airlines, corporate programs, next-generation Internet booking engine, SOA solution, back office and intelligent desktop.
To overcome industry challenges and provide effective customer service, we leverage the following assets:
- Global Network Delivery Model™ (GNDM™) that results in an agile work style, high-quality results and reduced risks
- Highly-skilled technical and functional experts with decades of cruise industry experience
- High-quality solutions with TCS’ proprietary transition methodologies/processes
- Effective handshakes blending both the customers’ and TCS’ delivery processes
- SLA/metrics-driven shared services model that translates ongoing operations at a reduced cost
- Reusable domain related assets and business process maps that result in less design and development efforts
- Niche and next-generation technologies that offer cloud computing and virtualizations for cruise applications
- BPO offerings that include reservations, sales/marketing, revenue accounting, passenger systems and shipboard
Get the TCS Advantage
TCS has been working with leaders in cruise industry, thus helping toward making the cruise industry more efficient since 2004. With a vast pool of experienced and skillful resources, we help cruise liners overcome the challenges and improve business KPIs. We have a strong alignment with the technology and domain leaders in the industry, including partnerships with global product and technology front runners such as SAP, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc. All these coupled with strong process understanding help us collaborate with you to provide futuristic, efficient and cost-effective solutions using cutting-edge technologies.
TCS value additions include the following:
- More than 25,000 man hours of cruise industry experience
- Matured transitions’ methodology ensuring minimum impact to business users
- Leveraging GNDM™ for productivity gains
- A robust delivery model that incorporates a 25-point matrix-driven delivery system that measures SLA compliance, customer satisfaction, customer complaints, on-time delivery and defect-free delivery for service consistency
- Innovation Labs that provide cutting-edge solutions
Leveraging TCS’ Co-Innovation Network (COIN™), a global research of academic institutions, start-up companies, venture funds, strategic alliance partners, multi-lateral organizations and key clients for innovative solutions
Access to multiple Centers of Excellence (CoEs) technical knowledge and domain, that provides the satisfaction of dealing with one-stop-solution providers
- Productivity improvements up to 25% year-on-year
We offer the following solutions: