The logistics industry faces numerous challenges including the following:
- Increasing pressure on top line growth (due to decreasing consumer and business spending)
- Cutting down operating costs
- Managing fluctuations in the supply chain
- Facilitating the supply chain through visibility, velocity and reliability
- Increasing regulatory and security requirements
- Minimizing the impact to the environment
- Maximizing asset utilization
- Maximizing human resources utilization
- Implementing effective strategies to provide a consistent brand experience to customers
What TCS Provides
TCS provides flexible, reliable and efficient suite of consulting, IT, infrastructure, business process outsourcing, engineering and industrial services and enterprise solution services to help logistics companies build the capabilities required to address key challenges, improve process efficiencies, lower their total cost of ownership of IT and infrastructure, and improve quality in IT delivery.
The key solution enablers from TCS include the following:
- Experienced resource pool with domain and process skills
- Global Network Delivery Model™ (GNDM™), a collaborative, best-in-class framework of people, processes and infrastructure that consistently ensures delivery excellence
- Centers of Excellence (CoEs) for Logistics domain and technologies, which help with the following:
- Focusing on solution accelerators: Reusable assets, tools, best practices, methodologies (For example: Legacy re-engineering, enterprise transformation) and development of competency of our associates that help in providing our clients with new and effective solutions and aid in achieving high productivity and significant cost savings from investments
- Leveraging our co-innovation network and client partnerships to address business challenges in the logistics value chain
- Partnership with leading product and technology companies such as SAP, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft and i2, among others
Products from TCS’ affiliate company, CMC Limited, for ports/terminal management include the following:
- Cargo Logistics Management System (CALMS): It computerizes the bulk (dry, liquid and gas) and break-bulk operations of a cargo terminal.
- Marine Container Handling System (MACH): It is a comprehensive and integrated solution for handling marine and container operations.
In 2009, TCS and Trade Ship Inc. (TSI) entered into a strategic alliance to offer best-in-class highly integrated business solutions to the shipping industry. TSI is a New York-based corporation that has served the container shipping industry for more than 20 years and has over the past many years developed the comprehensive and fully integrated web based solution, “SeaLiner” to compliment container shipping lines’ business processes.