Data has become ubiquitous with the exponential growth of emerging digital technologies. Managing this burgeoning volume of data every day is the latest challenge for enterprises wanting to harness it for business value. Big Data is more than a factor of size; it opens a world of opportunities to find new and valuable insights from the myriad data sources, generating data at varying speeds and types.
Data-driven predictability will be the source for the new competitive advantage, where predictability becomes the driver for costs and revenue.
The TCS Advantage
Our passion for providing you with the best Big Data solutions and services, which can help you re-imagine your business, is achieved through our focused research, and our association with product vendors and leading research universities.
We bring the following features to each of our engagements:
- Experience in working with the leading enterprises
- In-house Big Data connectors and solution accelerators
- A dedicated Big Data team, headquartered in Silicon Valley, with a large pool of certified Big Data specialists (data scientists, computer scientists and engineering talent) with delivery centers across Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi and Pune
- A confluence of traditional analytics and next-generation analytics capabilities
- Strong Big Data alliances with product vendors and leading research universities (20+ Partners)
- A state-of-the-art Big Data lab with a vision to make the new digital world bright, relevant and valuable to our customers
Services We Provide
Our unique Think, Build and Operate model for Big Data services helps you to choose the best way to adopt Big Data.
Our principle areas of focus for Big Data services:
- Big Data Management for the IT Organization
- Big Data Analytics for the Business Organization
Our Big Data products include pre-built solutions and solution accelerators for myriad use cases across a wide variety of industries. These solutions are built using proven components of the Big Data ecosystem, enabling a quicker time-to-market for you and easier integration with existing big data investments.
Some of our products cater to the most imperative business problems:
- Data Migration
- Warm Archival
- Customer 3600
- Metadata Management
- Sensor Data Analytics
- Enterprise Data Harmonization
Select Case Studies
A large high-tech company needed to reduce the cost of data storage and optimize the use of its storage appliances. We developed a solution that enabled large volumes of data to be transported from its data warehouse appliance to Hadoop clusters with only the aggregated data routed back to the data warehouse appliance. This resulted in faster processing of large volumes of data using commodity hardware. The costs of data storage reduced significantly and the company leveraged its data warehouse appliances more efficiently.
A leading market research firm needed an effective retail analytics platform in order to make adequate pricing decisions. Our team used Hadoop and related technologies to store and process the pricing information for every Stock-Keeping Unit (SKU) in one of its retail stores. We used parallel computing techniques for the faster calculation of price and quantity relationships. This improved the data processing turnaround time by multiple hours. The company was able to achieve better decision-making capabilities in pricing the products at its various retail stores.