SABMiller plc is one of the world’s largest brewers with brewing interests and distribution agreements across six continents.
The company’s Indian operations sought to reduce operational costs and improve the accuracy and compliance of its HR processes by driving standardization, consolidation and simplification of its processes across businesses.
It wanted to improve self service and process delivery with Six Sigma methodology, automation, and leaner operations and enable a single view of HR operations for its employees. In addition, it wanted its HR resources to focus core activities by outsourcing transactional activities. It sought an arrangement wherein it could minimize upfront investment through a pay-as-you-use model.
TCS deployed its HCM platform solution on a fully owned and managed cloud model, bundling application, infrastructure and process services in a seamless services framework. The solution consists of the following:
- Learning and development
- Performance management
- HR analytics
- Time and attendance
The successful deployment of a cloud-based HCM platform helped SABMiller with the following benefits:
- Improved HR process efficiency and accuracy leading to better employee satisfaction and productivity
- Improved visibility of HR processes with management reporting and HR Analytics
- Faster business value with the rapid on-boarding of the company with a scalable and agile SAP platform
- Reduced manual processing with self-service options and automation tools
- Standardized policies and procedures across all locations
- Optimized service delivery cost
- Comprehensive yet flexible solution that supported the company’s consolidation as well as growth plans
- Minimal initial capital investments
“TCS has been a trusted and committed partner in our journey to streamline, improve and automate our HR processes with easy to use self-service.I believe this is a sustainable solution for the future. With minimal up-front investment and pay-per-use pricing model, we have a scalable and robust HR solution option, which has helped us to not only lower TCO but also align to overall business strategy.”
- Ranendra Datta, CIO - India Operations, SABMiller