Infiniti Retail Limited (IRL) operates a chain of electronics stores in India under the brand name Croma. It is India's first large format specialist retail chain for consumer electronics and durables. The chain has many retail outlets spread across several cities in India, and also reaches customers through its online venture www.cromaretail.com. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons.
IRL’s employee appraisal and performance management process was largely manual and supported by spreadsheets, making it difficult to carry out employee appraisal process. The company’s fragmented talent management processes made it difficult to engage and motivate employees.
TCS recommended the Talent Management Solution to transform the retailer’s performance management processes. The solution was deployed on a SaaS based delivery model with utility-based pricing for IRL corporate employees. IRL’s entire performance management process was digitized, including performance management, competency management and career development planning.
- Improved process insight: Workflow-driven appraisal processes and role-based access providing visibility of appraisal and performance status
- Business process improvements: Providing employees continuous and actionable feedback, with 360-degree feedback feature enabling multi-source feedback for management level employees
- Reduction in performance cycle time: Faster closure of performance cycles through digitized performance appraisal process
- Support of employee growth: Effective tracking of development goals and competency management by employees and supervisors
- Scalability and flexibility to meet future needs: Easy integration of the platform with other processes at minimum effort and cost
"As an organization, we were looking for the best technology, and a measurable and transparent way of assessing talent. With functionality such as 360 degree feedback, configurable appraisal templates, competency trees, and consolidated talent profiles, TCS’ cloud based talent management solution has enabled us to re-imagine our talent performance process in line with organizational objectives. We now have visibility, ability to scale and transparency across the entire performance management process."
- Shalini Vohra, Chief - Human Resources and Organizational Learning, Infiniti Retail Limited.