The ICT Systems research group mainly focuses on problems of the Enterprise IT systems. Specific research areas include:
Automation of enterprise IT Infrastructure Transformation
- Understanding the problems of modern IT Infrastructure Transformation and building analytics-driven tools and frameworks to automate the same
Performance Engineering/assurance of computing systems and networks
- Measurement, emulation, analysis, modelling, and optimization of the performance of distributed computing systems
- Development of high performance components & frameworks, enabling solutions meet stringent performance SLAs
- Measurement and optimization of network protocol stacks
Privacy, Security and Trust
- Privacy and Utility Preserving Data Masking
- Engineering Privacy by Design
- Privacy Assurance
- Privacy Economics
- Cryptography, Hash Functions, and Key Distribution
- Access Control Systems
- Secure Desktop environments and applications
- Digital Rights Management
- Voice, Video and Image Security
- Lowering the energy consumption of data centres through intelligent analytics using thermal modelling
- Understand the problems faced by telecom operators and build analytics-driven tools to reduce their CAPEX and OPEX across technologies
- Build propagation models that take into account the Indian terrain conditions.
Semi-automate the challenging task of an enterprise data center network design for multi OEM products
- Develop techniques, algorithms and PoCs, etc., that will enable data offloading from the cellular networks to alternate networks such as WiFi, preferably at a lower cost point while maintaining Quality of Experience (QoE) of the users
- Look at ways to address scalability and fault tolerance issues in SDN networks.
- Understand the needs of a user and virtualize the network to suit that need in a multi-tenant SDN environment.
- Design the Information Centric Networks (ICN) architecture using SDN framework; propose mechanisms for naming / addressing, routing, caching and security related to content distribution in Internet.
The group is headed by: