The students, who work in an industrial R&D environment, get access to industry-scale problems and data. They also get a chance to interact with some of the world’s best researchers. The internships can vary from six to eight weeks (short internships) or 16 to 18 weeks (long internships), with an option of tailoring the duration in certain cases.
What do we seek in our interns?
TCS is looking for exceptional and highly-motivated PhD, MS, MTech, or final year BE or BTech students with an aptitude for research in any area of computer science. Master’s and PhD students from premier institutes in the fields of psychology, sociology, economics, mathematics, game design, and organisational behavior may also apply.
If you have a consistent, shining academic record, coupled with a passion for R&D, come join us.
What is the role of an intern?
To conduct research in an industrial R&D environment and solve industry-scale problems under the supervision of senior researchers.
The areas of responsibility include:
Creation of R&D-related assets
- Define research problems and design solutions for them
- Develop prototype solutions by applying industry-scale data
- Publish research papers in top-tier conference and journals
- Perform literature survey and identify opportunities and challenges
- Execute proofs of concept
- Contribute to development of tools and products
Learning and Development
- Learn about emerging trends and technologies in industrial research
- Define the challenges involved in applied research
- Articulate research problems and systematically design solutions
Internship opportunities are currently available in the following Research areas:
If you are interested, send your resume to email@example.com
Mention ‘Research Internships: <Research Area>' as the subject line.
Clearly indicate your academic background, area of specialisation, past work, and the time you wish to spend with us in the body of the email.