About Asea Brown Boveri (ABB)
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
The SAP ERP system was the core software, which enabled ABB’s strategic and operational business execution. However, this existing SAP setup offered a fragmented and multilayer reporting and controlling option. Moreover, reporting involved multiple data sources causing reconciliation issues. ABB Benelux needed a flat structure with a single reporting source.
ABB wanted detailed reporting and control at the product group level. Accordingly, we built the proposed solution to implement SAP New GL around document splitting at a profit center level. TCS’ Center of Excellence (CoE) provided expertise in New GL implementation.
Group reporting in the earlier SAP setup was carried out by compiling data from multiple data sources. In the New GL environment, the emphasis is on a single source of truth. We achieved this by building a reporting cockpit with a single data source in the form of SAP New GL.
- The timely and successful functional migration from SAP ERP to SAP ECC 6.0 for ABB, Benelux, deepened the business relationship.
- The single data source in the form of SAP New GL has increased the reliability and acceptance of ABB’s reporting.
- The implementation of SAP New GL has enabled the ABB team to generate all financial reports such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reports at the profit center level.
- The TCS team customized 20 new reports using the report writing tool provided by SAP. These reports offered greater control options and eliminated many manual or Excel-based calculations.
“TCS worked in very good partnership with ABB Benelux to successfully implement our new GL migration. The project was technically challenging and TCS showed a great depth of knowledge and professionalism throughout the various stages. The project was delivered precisely to our timelines with a high quality of work and within our budget.”
- ABB Benelux, Eric de Brouwer, CIO
Related Brochure: Learn about our Industrial Manufacturing Solutions