TCS’ SOLUTION: AN E-GOVERNANCE GATEWAY
TCS and the state government jointly developed APOnline, an e-governance gateway, which is easily accessible through multiple delivery channels, anywhere, anytime. It offers multiple services, through a single window, to its citizens. The scheme, with an innovative delivery model, bridges the digital divide and allows all citizens whether computer-literate or not, to have access to the government at all times. It has also enhanced citizen satisfaction by increasing the transparency and accountability of government interactions.
The benefits of this engagement with TCS include the following:
- Transparent and complete information about government activities for the citizens
- A faster and more efficient grievance redressal forum
- Web-based delivery model, accessible anywhere and anytime
- Greater citizen access to government officials, better accountability and transparency
- Land Record Management System to bring clarity to the system