The Customer: Established in 1947, Ferrari is a sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy, specializing in racing and luxury sports cars. The company is a leader in technology advancements in aerodynamics, engines, and systems.
To sustain its leadership position in the racing as well as the luxury segment, Ferrari needed to maintain its technological superiority as well as adhere to the stringent and dynamic regulatory changes. Since Ferrari heavily relies on IT to fundamentally achieve success in its product innovation process, there was a need to manage the complex IT environment supported by multiple vendors and continually upgrade the hardware and software platforms.
The TCS - Ferrari relationship began in 2004 with TCS providing support services and additional staff to manage Ferrari’s IT requirements. In 2008, TCS established a dedicated Ferrari Offshore Development Center (ODC) in Chennai, India. The ODC leverages TCS’ Global Network Delivery Model™ (GNDM™), connecting Chennai to Maranello and providing Ferrari with additional services.
The ODC leverages the expertise of the following TCS centers:
- The R&D Center in Pune
- The PLM Center of Excellence (CoE) to benchmark PLM products and identify future PLM solutions
- The Manufacturing CoE to implement digital manufacturing and flexible manufacturing solutions
- TCS’ Consulting Services to identify process defects and provide feasible solutions
- The Infrastructure Innovation Lab to boost application performance leveraging multi-core processors
- Expanded support window and cost advantages
- Reduced lead times for design phase
- Improved flexibility and agility of the IT landscape with the new PLM system
- Better quality and user acceptance with detailed testing procedures
- Reduced implementation times, lower costs and enhanced risk management with process documentation
- Process automation with the use of innovative tools
“There is no other company that can offer the complete breadth of services that the Tatas can.”
-- Ferrari, Piergiorgio Grossi, Racing Team, IT Manager