TCS’ client is a vertically integrated copper producing company. The company manufactures copper right from the stage of mining to beneficiation, smelting, refining and casting of refined copper metal into downstream saleable products. Its products include wire bar, wire rod and cathode, including toll smelted cathode, and its by-products include gold, silver, nickel sulphate, selenium and sulphuric acid.
Although the mining company had an Oracle EBS R12 enterprise system, many of its third-party mining applications and spreadsheets had not been integrated with the enterprise system, leading to several challenges.
The in-depth service delivery capabilities that we have repeatedly demonstrated over several global engagements, our in-depth industry knowledge and the capability to support and optimize mining business imperatives have been the key attributes in developing a lasting relationship with the company. In addition, we have also provided thought leadership in the Oracle Apps implementation by tapping into our domain knowledge of the mining industry and applying best practices from our varied integration engagements worldwide.
We developed and implemented the integrated mining operations solution in Oracle (EBS) R12 (EBS), a bolt-on solution of the mining module, the first of its kind in Oracle EBS. Our solution integrates the third-party applications of the company to allow all processes pertaining to the mining operations to be extended to an enterprise-wide platform.
The company now has improved boardroom-to-shop-floor visibility of its entire mining operations, with real-time data availability for better decision making and operational performance.
We also helped the company achieve the following:
- Visibility across its entire planning and operations
- Integrated financial information, enabling efficient decision making
- Optimized operational parameters to help achieve business targets and financial goals and reduce the total cost of ownership significantly
- Synchronized financial closing across all units
- Reduced processing time
- Simplified employee management with an integrated HR system
- Ability to track stock levels in real time and optimize resource usage, with an integrated procurement and inventory management system
- Highly reliable data infrastructure with the Oracle database