The Customer: The RSA Group is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with focus on general insurance. It is also one of the largest insurers in the Scandinavian region.
RSA wished to upgrade its claims platform, thereby providing a superior customer experience to a growing customer base. It decided on a legacy transformation initiative to establish a Common Nordic IT platform with the following objectives:
- Improve efficiency and processing time
- Create common best practices for the claims handling process and design the new platform to handle the common processes
- Implement state-of-the-art technology
- Provide plug and play ability, configurability and back-end agnosticism
RSA engaged TCS as its IT partner for this initiative.
TCS’ solution provides scalable, flexible and configurable claims processing application, built on the state-of-the-art Microsoft technologies – WPF, WCF and BizTalk. The solution design is prioritized on application configurability, scalability and extensibility to make the system back-end agnostic using service-oriented architecture (SOA).
TCS has also analyzed, leveraged and incorporated the legacy claim system business rules in the new solution to meet RSA’s business objectives.
RSA realized several benefits from its engagement with TCS, both in terms of cost and quality:
- Greater customer satisfaction with the following:
- Availability of a single customer view
- Reduction in turnaround times
- Multi-currency and multi-lingual support
- Reduced operational costs
- Reduced costs with almost paperless process notifications
- Configurable notification system with Claims Q & A
- Early fraud detection to reduce the outflow of funds from the organization