The Customer: Tata Martrade International Logistics Limited (TMILL) is a joint venture of Tata Steel Limited, NYK Holding BV and IQ Martrade, Germany.
The company wished to standardize, consolidate and simplify its HR processes across businesses and locations into a single unified HR solution, which could scale on the basis of its business and manpower needs. It also needed its employees to be abreast of HR processes at all times.
Additionally, TMILL needed to free the company’s HR resources to focus on strategic and core activities.
TMILL chose TCS as its partner for this initiative because they realized that TCS’ HCM Platform Solution would help it meet its needs to the maximum possible extent without having to incur major capital expenses.
TCS deployed its HCM platform solution on a fully-owned and managed cloud model, bundling application, infrastructure and process services in a seamless services framework. TMILL chose to deploy the following modules:
Time and attendance
With TCS’ HCM Platform, TMILL was able to free its HR resources to focus on core activities, while streamlining its organization and employee information. Further, the self-service options for employees, managers and HR personnel ensure the coordinated flow of information and enhanced end-user satisfaction.
This engagement with TCS provided TMILL with multiple benefits:
- Very high employee satisfaction with the following:
- Self service components transforming paper-based manual processes into highly automated processes
- Increased visibility of personnel data with timely communication and employee record updates
- Improved management decision making with the delivery of accurate, real-time employee data and insights on performance, attrition, compensation and benefits
- Increased efficiency in HR processes with no redundant data entry and overall reduction in cycle times
- Reduced HR overheads and administrative tasks, allowing greater focus on strategic HR activities
- Faster rollouts of new improved HR processes at one go in various locations
- Reduced costs through minimal capital expenditure and pay-per-use pricing model