About the Client
The company is one of the largest North American multi-line insurance providers with almost a century of experience in delivering key financial, retirement, and consulting services.
Managing and maintaining a growing number of user developed application (UDAs) across departments emerged as a major challenge for the insurance company. As the organization grew in size and complexity and UDAs continued to function in silos, it was difficult to effectively monitor their contribution to overall performance.
TCS worked closely with the insurer to integrate organizational UDAs, focusing on their effective governance, maintenance, and migration. It provided support and experience for UDA migration as it could be customized to address the requirements of different departments within the insurer's organization. TCS established a factory model for transforming high risk UDAs, developing and delivering Force.com applications across enterprise.
The following benefits were observed by the client:
- Reduced risk exposure and optimized operational costs.
- User productivity increased by over 80%.
- Improved time-to-market with minimum application rollout time reduced to just 4 weeks.
- Insurer enabled data automation.
- Insurer was able to respond to regulatory authorities on time.