In this white paper, using a practical business example, we describe how TCS supported a global financial services firm in improving its service-desk offering with a risk-free transition strategy that prepares for uniform, fully integrated processes and low overall long-term costs.
Near-shoring / offshoring operating model for IT support
In the banking and finance industries, in particular, a high-performance IT infrastructure is essential for responding immediately to market movements. IT support plays a crucial role here, having to handle requests as quickly and efficiently as possible. The pressure to reduce operating and support costs is, however, also on the rise. Against this background, TCS developed, for a leading European financial services provider, a new near-shoring / offshoring operating model for IT support, including a migration scenario and implementation.
TCS, a specialist in both IT and outsourcing, handled all the stages of work – from planning down to support services. We consolidated the service desks – previously scattered across Europe – into one central Contact Center, which serves as an enterprise-wide place for IT support, ensuring a consistent customer experience. The financial services provider benefits from faster, more reliable and cheaper services resulting from an effective combination of near-shore and offshore components with best-of-breed processes.
The TCS Advantage
- IT infrastructure services are among TCS’ core competencies, from computer center operations to end-user management, innovative IT service desk solutions and transformation solutions.
- Scalable, flexible and transparent solutions that can be tailored to customer requirements, enabling you to reduce operating costs, while avoiding the need to invest in systems and hardware.
- We handle all the stages of work for our customers, from planning and integrating technological infrastructure to end help-desk services.
- We currently operate more than 20 IT help desk centers worldwide, which offer comprehensive, high-quality support around the clock in more than 30 languages.
- Close to 1,500 qualified employees handle over six million calls per year. These IT help desk centers are an integral part of TCS’ unique Global Network Delivery Model™ (GNDM™).
- Our technology partners in the IT service desk field include BMC Software, HP and CA Technologies.