One of the first Indian IT services and consulting companies to enter South Africa, TCS is committed to the development of South Africa. In 2007, TCS South Africa Pty Ltd. was formed as a subsidiary of TCS Limited, enabling TCS to serve its South African and Sub-Saharan customers better. We also participate in the incubation of South African IT talent and help build IT delivery capabilities by training and transferring our globally-competitive IT processes and methodologies to local firms and citizens with a strong focus on empowerment of previously disadvantaged people - and to improve our services and the overall experience of our clients in South Africa.
TCS now counts many leading South African business houses and government organizations as its clients. These include Nedbank, STRATE, University of the Witwatersrand, Standard Bank, Barclays and others.
TCS' Corporate Sustainability Activities in South Africa
TCS believes that empowerment and corporate sustainability are an integral part of business and is committed to giving back to the society. We are proud to have a B-BBEE status of Level Two Contributor (giving us a BEE Procurement Recognition Level of 125%).
TCS SA is obligated to advance and develop black and other previously disadvantaged society as is part of the requirements of a BEE.
TCS SA follows the empowerment progress in four areas:
- Direct empowerment through ownership and control of enterprises and assets
- Management at senior level
- Human resource development and employment equity
- Indirect empowerment through:
- preferential procurement: preference is given to previously disadvantaged vendors
- enterprise development: preference is given to new / young entrepreneurs with new business opportunities and support them with early payment schemes
- corporate social investment: focus on IT Education & Children Health
More on TCS' Corporate Sustainability.
- Media and Information Services
- Energy, Utilities and Mining
- Banking, Financial Services
- TCS Bancs
- Business Intelligence
- IBM Software stack
If you are eligible for employment in South Africa, contact us at email@example.com. For employment opportunities in India or elsewhere, visit our careers section.