TCS has been serving clients in in sub-Saharan Africa since 1995. TCS has offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, with several projects in Botswana.
One of the first Indian IT services and consulting companies to enter South Africa, TCS is committed to the development of sub-Saharan region. We support the development of IT talent and help build IT delivery capabilities by training and transferring our globally-competitive IT processes and methodologies to local firms and citizens with a strong focus on empowerment of previously disadvantaged people - and to improve our services and the overall experience of our clients in in the region.
TCS now counts many leading South African business houses and government organizations as its clients.
TCS believes that empowerment and corporate sustainability are an integral part of business and is committed to giving back to the society. We are proud to have a B-BBEE status of Level Two Contributor (giving us a BEE Procurement Recognition Level of 125%). TCS is obligated to advance and develop black and other previously disadvantaged society as is part of the requirements of a BEE.
TCS SA follows the empowerment progress in four areas:
- Direct empowerment through ownership and control of enterprises and assets
- Management at senior level
- Human resource development and employment equity
- Indirect empowerment through:
- preferential procurement: preference is given to previously disadvantaged vendors
- enterprise development: preference is given to new / young entrepreneurs with new business opportunities and support them with early payment schemes
- corporate social investment: focus on IT Education & Children Health
More on TCS' Corporate Sustainability.