THE FOUNDATION FOR AI OFFICE
Over the last few decades, the growing emphasis on data office has helped organizations to become more data-driven and enabled data foundation for AI experimentation.
However, AI maturity improvement and adoption remains too complex due to the absence of a strong AI maturity improvement framework driven by focused function like AI office, hampering the widespread adoption of AI by data-driven retailers.
These are the different levels of AI maturity, based on observations and market research.
3A (assess, analyze, advice) framework for AI office will improve the AI maturity of retailers. The framework is a knowledge-based recommendation engine to improve AI maturity. This module is powered by a knowledge repository, managed by the governance team, and enriched by ‘crowdsourced’ market research data. The repository has two key segments—survey questions and recommended actions—and supported by the following functions:
- Best practices, trends derived (web-scraping and NLP module) from market research and retailer success stories. This acts as a reference for knowledge repository.
- Feature store and model registry to capture re-usable AI-ML modules and features
- Rule Engine to automatically calculate multi-level scoring (focus of module 1) and associate the next best action (focus of module 3) based on survey response.
The engine recommends AI maturity improvement actions based on survey response. It can help stakeholders at different levels, like CDO (chief data officer), CAIO (chief AI officer), PO (product owner), managers, and associates of organizations to understand AI maturity gaps and the improvement actions required. Stakeholders can run a survey using a survey screen and get persona-based recommendations driven by knowledge repository and recommendation engine of the 3A framework.
One sample outcome for a retail store operations team is shown below.
- Org Maturity >> strategy – Gap in store staff awareness on benefit of AI-driven smart store operations. Share link for business value engineering outcome and process document.
- Analytics maturity>> AI knowledge – Store staff needs training on new application. Share suggested training links and upcoming events.
- Analytics maturity>> AI asset – The customer domain team has created a model registry and can be re-purposed. Share the model registry reference with a link of process document.
- Analytics maturity>> Data foundation – Link of current data quality dashboard focusing on store operations and related CDE (critical data elements)