Many enterprises continue to harness traditional services and digital assets on legacy applications, while building new ones on cloud-native applications to meet changing business needs. The IT landscape has witnessed abundant growth not only in consumption channels, but also in sources of data ingestion, which calls for multiple applications deployed across the varied landscape to communicate with each other, often across organizational boundaries.
Traditionally, application programming interfaces (APIs) have been defined as an intermediary for communication between applications. More recently, however, modern APIs in adherence to REST and HTTP standards are developer friendly, easily accessible and broadly understood. APIs today demand treatment more like a product than a code and their lifecycles involve discipline around security, governance, monitoring, management and documentation. The entire API software development life cycle (SDLC) necessitates a robust API management platform for API lifecycle management.
Amazon API Gateway is a fully managed platform for API lifecycle management that supports HTTP, REST and WEBSOCKET APIs. As enterprises decouple their business capabilities into microservices by incorporating an API layer, it becomes essential to facilitate the right architecture pattern appealing to various users. The right API strategy provides a definite edge to leverage value from the larger business ecosystem. Amazon API Gateway closely integrates with a suite of services on AWS cloud including Amazon monitoring, logging, security, caching and other solutions, making it an essential component of the modernized IT landscape on AWS. Amazon API Gateway Serverless Developer Portal is a managed platform for meeting the needs of internal, partner and third-party developers.
TCS’ offering on Amazon API Gateway has helped enterprises to fast-track their API adoption journey. TCS’ deep knowledge of migration and modernization on AWS is combined with expertise on Amazon API Gateway which involves assessing the current workload for API enablement, recommending the adoption roadmap, and offering reference architecture blueprints along with robust DevOps pipelines. TCS has deep experience in implementing Amazon API Gateway coupled with rich industry-specific and contextual knowledge of client’s business. TCS’ open banking API framework is purpose-built for the banking and financial services industry. TCS has also partnered with global enterprises to successfully implement serverless, modernized landscapes using Amazon API Gateway, ECS Fargate, DynamoDB and RDS as key services.
TCS’ offering delivers the following benefit:
- Allows organizations to simultaneously run different API versions for hybrid business environments
- Reduces costs with increased API usage per region across Amazon Accounts
- Enables efficient API development, allowing faster iterations, testing and release of new versions
- Facilitates lowest possible latency for API requests and responses, resulting is superior user experience
- Implements flexible security controls to authorize access to APIs
- Creates RESTful APIs to support a variety of data exchange types
TCS brings several advantages to the engagement, including:
- A decade long partnership with AWS in delivering products and solutions
- Service delivery competency partner on Amazon API Gateway
- Accelerators and best practices for efficient API development
- Repository of architecture blueprint for industry-specific API use-cases
- Successful track record across multiple engagements using Amazon API Gateway