Enterprises are embracing cloud and virtualization to enable secure hybrid remote workplaces for employees. The key factors driving this change are workplace flexibility, operational efficiency and a secure and seamless individual experience for business agility. However, leveraging Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) service can be a daunting task for enterprises to decode and swiftly adopt while working with complex legacy systems.
TCS leverages proven tools and methodologies to implement Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) on a Azure -based virtualization technology, which offers virtualized Windows Desktop, Windows Server and Application services, powered by Microsoft 365 Suite. This solution includes the following stages:
- Assess: Existing applications and desktops are assessed for load characterization, automatic modeling selection, and capex and opex considerations
- Design: Target state is designed with virtual apps and desktops, focusing on Azure landing zones, monitoring, profile, security, storage, networks, service design and disaster recovery plan
- Develop: End-to-end project plan along with design documentation, resource requirements, and change management strategies
- Deploy: Azure Infra with dedicated TCS application packaging services line to provide application fitment for AVD and multi-session and hybrid support on legacy infra for leftover applications
- Migrate: Apps, files and data migrated to the new environment with required security and disaster recovery controls
- Manage and optimize: Continuous monitoring and optimization using TCS Cloud ExponenceTM and TCS CognixTM