In this era of digital disruption, enterprises are striving to continuously improve business agility, innovation at scale, time to market, resilience and scalability to be more competitive. A key challenge in doing that arises from legacy technology landscapes that are monolithic, unscalable and lacking automation across application life-cycle management. This prohibits the adoption of nimble architecture to drive growth and transformation at scale. The dependence on legacy systems has become a major bottle neck, forcing enterprises to undergo lengthy development cycles to release new products and services and improve customer experience. As a result, there is a high demand for cloud-native application development and containerization to fuel growth, accelerate innovation, and find quick resolutions to customer concerns.
Google’s cloud-native approach is anchored on faster application development without compromising on quality and security. The focus is on building business functionality that can instantaneously scale up and down to meet the changing usage patterns while staying completely vendor neutral by using open source technology with the added benefits of reversibility and extensibility to multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud patterns. By adopting this approach, TCS helps clients in their cloud-native application development in Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Powered by a set of proprietary accelerators, TCS:
- Fast-tracks application development from inception to adoption of microservices, their deployment, operations support and governance.
- Uses industry-specific reference architectures for microservices, accelerators for foundation and functional services, and automates cloud services provisioning, continuous delivery and deployment.
- Accelerates application containerization for Cloud Run and Google Kubernetes Engine or serverless development with App Engine and Cloud Function.
- Employs reusable design patterns and templates, spanning the entire GCP cloud native ecosystem including App Engine, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, Google Kubernetes Engine, Apigee, Cloud SQL, Spanner and Bigtable.
TCS’ factory model accelerates application development, database design, various types of testing, monitoring, management, API development and life-cycle management for common cloud architecture and design patterns, resulting in:
- Up to 40% reduction of development cycle time for containerized workload
- Up to 30% reduction in cost of quality
- Significant reduction in initial learning curve for development teams
- Fast-tracked domain driven microservice decomposition and design for specific industry verticals
- Automated deployment of common architecture blueprints and CI-CD pipelines
By partnering with TCS, enterprises can leverage:
Industry-leading expertise and experience: With decades of application development and maintenance (ADM) experience across industries and geographies, TCS has in-depth contextual knowledge of clients’ IT landscapes to understand their challenges, intricacies, and associated dependencies and constraints.
Robust ecosystem of solutions: TCS has a robust ecosystem of service offerings, industry-specific solutions, Google-certified professionals, broad existing client base and 360-degree strategic partnership with Google Cloud.
Cloud accelerators: The TCS Modernization Propeller is a one-stop solution that addresses challenges faced by an enterprise from inception till implementation and subsequent adoption of microservices. Another key accelerator is Zipped Agile, which enables end-to-end DevSecOps maturity assessment, pipeline configuration and infrastructure deployment for pre-configured architectural patterns.