Pitch for Purpose is a startup competition celebrating social entrepreneurs and their ideas that will change the world.
Error: unable to play the video
Pitch for Purpose 2020 winner Ahva Sadeghi, Co-founder and CEO of Symba
The Pitch for Purpose competition recognizes mission-driven founders whose startups leverage emerging technology and innovation to address social and environmental challenges.
Submit your application today for a chance to win $15,000.
Finalists will receive:
- Mentorship and pre-event pitch coaching from TCS Industry Leaders, SEED SPOT’s National Mentor Program
- Free registration for SEED SPOT’s Bootcamp and other benefits including:
- Alumni membership status granting access to tools and resources with benefits
- Membership to SEED SPOT’s Community Slack group & Founder Scrums
- 6 month mentorship via TCS’ technology and consulting expert network
- At the 2021 Pitch for Purpose Live Program
- Media and promotional opportunities
- TCS will award the first-place founder with a $15,000 cash prize
- Social Mission: Your startup is developing products or services that will have a positive impact on your community, the environment, or society at large.
- The Founding Team: You must be a founder of the startup, and part of the current executive team.
- Stage: Early-stage startup with a minimum viable product (MVP) focused on product development and building a customer base. The venture must have conducted basic market-level testing and received some user feedback.
- Funding: Your startup has raised less than $1 million in total funding.
- Location: Your startup is based in the United States, but its work may have an international focus.
- Novelty and Uniqueness: The solution should be novel and/or unique and should have certain differentiating elements from competitors in the same industry and the market.
At each phase of the competition, entrepreneurs will be evaluated on the strength of the following criteria:
- Innovation and Uniqueness: What is new or innovative about your proposed solution?
- Execution Plan: What is the growth and sales strategy, and how will you scale your offering?
- Social Mission: What positive impact does your venture have on society?
- Business Model: How do you generate revenue and how big can your startup become?
- Progress: What is your traction and key milestones to date? (product development, partnerships, sales, downloads, website traffic, etc.)
- Team: What is the expertise of your team?
- October 29: Application deadline. Submission portal closes at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- November 3: Finalists will be notified.
- November 18: The Pitch for Purpose competition will take place virtually.
Learn more about our 2021 Finalists: