Rural and under-privileged graduate youth from socially and economically marginalized families need a stepping-stone to stand at par in the job market. Lack of opportunities, exposure, communication skills, confidence and technical knowledge cannot be allowed to chain them to their fate. Youth Employment Program responds to this need of youth and sets them free and equal to acquire meaningful jobs in the industry.
- Enhance employability of rural youth from socially and economically marginalized communities, thereby promoting inclusive growth.
- Provide the beneficiaries with exposure to industry needs and make them eligible to take up employment in the corporate sector, government, and other MSMEs.
- Ensure continuous availability of talent pool for the industry and increase diversity & gender parity.
- General Graduates: those who are in final year of graduation, and those who have completed graduation within last two calendar years.
- Engineering Graduates: those in fifth semester
- Candidates must come from families with family income at below six lakh rupees
The Youth Employment Program uses a Four Pillar Framework to achieve these objectives.
- Mobilization of candidates is achieved through our 500+ partners through non-remunerative partnerships. This cuts across colleges, universities, civil society organizations, religious trusts, government bodies, corporate foundations and Tata group companies
- Training Content: Prepared by TCS experts, with focus on industry needs. Approx.200 hours for Engineering graduates and 100+ hours for others
- Trainers: The training is provided by TCS employees as volunteers, bringing in their expertise and industry skills into the fore. Some external experts too contribute to it.
- Placement: Through teach-coach-and mentor model, the trainees are guided for jobs within TCS and externally.