This fall, TCS North America is hosting the first ever goIT Monthly Challenge Majors, a competition showcasing the top student innovations from across the US and Canada that were submitted throughout the year during our TCS goIT Monthly Challenge.
Taking place during TCS New York City Marathon “Race Week”, the Monthly Challenge Majors is a nod to the six World Marathon Majors with six Monthly Challenge winners from the past year competing during a live event on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Representing their schools and countries, 10 young innovators across six teams will be presenting their innovations to a virtual audience for a shot at having their tech-for-good solution being named the “Top Innovation” of the year.
This year's finalists are:
- Heart Plan: an app which would help people recover from heart attacks and prevent future heart disease by Felice from Toronto, ON
- Only Local: an app that provides low-income families with fresh, locally sourced produce by Henry, Victor, and Raymond from Toronto, ON
- Aqua Conscious: app that motivates and incentivizes water conservations in communities by Rishi from Charlotte, NC
- Lunchbox: tech-based solution that ensures those in need have access to healthy and nutritious food through donations by Harsha, Vanya, and Hriday from Toronto, ON
- Heartly: an app that educates users on healthy food choices and staying heart healthy by Joshua from Toronto, ON
- #mylife: an app that helps you keep track of all your daily activities by Anish from Wilmington, DE
All participating finalists will receive TCS gear in addition to personalized mentorship from TCS industry associates to help further hone the students’ concepts, skills, and interests.
Since its inception in the summer of 2020, thousands of students across the globe have participated in TCS goIT Monthly Challenge. Students have used key principles from TCS’ flagship STEM education program goIT, to design a tech-based solution and submit a pitch video to the challenge theme. Each month, TCS partners with a globally-minded nonprofit to serve as our SDG ambassador alongside a monthly TCS customer co-host. Together, we have explored topics from ranging from gender equality to systemic racism all the way to protecting life under water. Teacher interest and student engagement in this monthly experience has been tremendous and continue to increase month over month.
The goIT Monthly Challenge is a global initiative and is being rolled out across all TCS geographies in the coming months. Not only will each participating country host their own national event, but top innovations will go on to compete in international competitions as well.
Visit our goIT Monthly Challenge competition website to learn how you can involve your students or children in upcoming challenges.