COVID-19 induced disruptions are forcing enterprises globally to quickly implement business continuity measures. Day-to-day operating models are being redefined and working remotely has become the new norm for many enterprises. As a result, there is increased demand for smart secure workplaces and access to enterprise systems and data. Flexibility of employee workflow, cognitive capabilities and a collaborative working environment are key requirements for productivity and work efficiency.
Enterprises are now on a fast track to shift their workspace from a desktop-centric model to a multi-device model that enables their employees to work from anywhere, while maintaining high productivity and data security.
TCS’ Workspace as a Service (WaaS) is one of our Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution that powers a digital workplace, including virtual desktops, application virtualization, unified end-device management, and mobile device management. It connects securely to the network and provides the following key solutions.
- Multi-cloud support - Integrates in a hybrid cloud setup seamlessly
- Context-aware security - Ensures access control of apps and data across devices, platforms, and cloud
- Tailor-made solutions
- Offers two deployment options – end-to-end WaaS platform or remote desktop services
- Provides client VPN connectivity
- Allows industry specific customization of security solutions
- End-to-end automation – Openstack-based platform ensures 100% automation and quick deployment of virtual desktops which fast-tracks onboarding
This adaptable PaaS solution is based on TCS' Enterprise Cloud Platform (ECP), a ready-to-deploy hybrid/private cloud.
TCS’ WaaS is a feature-rich workplace solution that supports a flexible, adaptable and agile operating model, helping enterprises embrace the risk posed by disruptions. The cloud-based solution is scalable and quick to deploy. It provides:
- Enhanced end-user experience and productivity
- Persona-driven workspace
- Cost efficiency
- Flexible software licensing options with BYOL (bring-your-own-license)
- Pay-per-use pricing model
- Service catalog designed to meet diverse enterprise requirements
- Simplified management
- One-stop shop for the workspace infrastructure and platform
- Business-aligned command center for ease of management
- Superior business continuity and agility
- On-demand high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR)
TCS' Enterprise Cloud Platform (ECP), a private cloud, allows customization and enhanced security to its WaaS solution. Its Machine First Delivery ModelTM ensures optimum automation and consistent support. Other advantages include:
- Product-agnostic platform solution: An Openstack architecture allows WaaS to adapt to existing client products and licenses
- Multi-cloud support: Integrate in a hybrid cloud setup seamlessly by leveraging alliances and partnerships
- Assured business service levels: Committed end-to-end service from the infrastructure layer to the application layer
- Context-aware security: Provides flexibility to customize security based on client’s requirements
- Domain-specific implementation: Contextual knowledge across industries and functions and experienced practitioners ensure a smooth implementation