A Holistic Approach to Becoming Cognitive Telcos
Enabling digital transformation in the telecom industry
Increasing competition from digital-native tech companies and platforms is pushing telcos to embrace automation. However, corporate silos and lack of technology application hamper their ability to transform successfully. Adopting an AI- based automation journey is therefore crucial to deliver effective business outcomes. This requires enabling:
- Process automation - for automating human tasks such as order entry, basic event monitoring or data capture.
- Reactive autonomy - for assimilating existing data through software.
- Proactive autonomy - for predicting churn and taking pre-emptive action.
- Prescriptive autonomy – for making deductions from data and driving decisions.
- Cognitive autonomy – for sensing a network event, identifying its root cause, and providing an autonomous response.
However, in order to become a successful cognitive telco, it is crucial to take a strategic approach that includes building on existing investment, creating a center of excellence, leveraging dashboards and taking ownership of data.