Cloud poses a range of challenges for enterprises in terms of regulatory compliance, increased exposure, distributed data and identity, misconfigurations, and enforcement of security policy. Organizations that are looking to build a cloud security strategy need of three elements to secure the enterprise: in-built security, a data-centric and automation-first framework, and a holistic approach to unlocking the potential value of digitalization.
Key challenges in cloud security that need to be addressed include:
- Difficulty in gaining control over enterprise data and mapping the risk exposure at rest and in-transit
- Privacy and ethical concerns in data-intensive and high-speed networking technologies
- Enforcement of stringent regulatory measures
- Outdated business and technology approaches that contribute to the risk exposure
- Misalignment of digital security budgets