Increasing ecommerce profitability is the top business priority for the next one to two years for 44% of retailers globally, according to a 2021 IDC survey. Asda, a leading retailer in the UK, runs an established network of over 600 stores, supported by 26 distribution centers. Asda along with its strategic partner TCS, launched UK’s first end -to-end parcel solution offering by supermarket, ‘toyou’, in November 2015, which allows consumers to return or collect purchases from third part online retailers. Recently, with the current global situation and evolving needs in the retail industry, consumer’s behavior and expectations, Asda recognized the opportunity to transform the customer experience and provide greater visibility and control of every Parcel movement.
TCS-Asda reimagine flexible solution to digitize business models, enriching customer experience using store-parcel kiosk, mobile check-in, robotic process automation and automated parcel collection/return.
Improved and digitized solutions of ASDA’s parcel collection and return architecture has significantly improved the efficiency. The benefits of the transformation include:
- Improvements in parcel tracking visibility
- Greater ability to scale operations and introduce new features to the service
- An increase in the volume of online non-food orders collected from stores
- Revenue growth generated by increased parcel volume
- Effective use of existing logistics infrastructure to generate new business streams
- Reduced impact on the environment and reduced carbon footprint through leverage
- Increased store footfall generated by customers from the more than 140 partner brands collecting and returning parcels at Asda's locations
- Enhanced customer experience through an improved interface and convenience of the service
- Increased colleague efficiency and engagement thanks to better allocation of time and greater operational visibility