Solution for Healthcare Network wins EngiNX 2016 – The IoT Hackathon
- Techno India, Kolkata beats more than 700 institutes in TCS EngiNX 4.0 – The Internet of Things challenge
- Over 40,000 engineering students across India participated in EngiNX 2016
- Top 20 finalists win provisional job offers & internships
MUMBAI | BENGALURU, August 24, 2016: Tata Consultancy Services, (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) conducted the EngiNX 4.0, an engineering design innovation contest which saw participation from more than 40,000 engineering students across India.
EngiNX 4.0 was bigger and better with over 700 engineering institutes in India participating in the challenge. IoT, being a game changer in the Digital era was the theme of this year’s contest. The following innovative models from Techno India, Kolkata and Krishna Institute of Engineering & Technology, Ghaziabad, won the top two positions respectively after a fiercely contested grand finale. They used IoT in the most interesting way in Healthcare and residential sectors respectively.
1) Cognitive Healthcare Network - Making available healthcare resources to the people has become inefficient, resource exhausting and hectic especially because of low level automation in the field of healthcare network or less available Healthcare Personnel (HCP). So to make the process of prevention and remedies a bit more methodical, they implemented methods to automate the existing medical facilities. Further the vast medical data that is recorded is used to foretell the disease trend and predict diseases by feeding the data to the machine learning algorithms.
2) IoTfied homes - “IoTfied homes” is a building management system purposefully for residential sector. It focuses on two component of Smart grid that is demand response and Home area network, It does so by acting as a retrofit to the currently employed switches and energy meters. It also provide user an application interface that enables automatic/semi-automatic DR, optimized air conditioning and a comprehensive control over all the electrical appliances.
The teams registered through TCS’ Campus Commune portal and participated in three preliminary rounds from which the top 5 teams were selected for the final round. Each team consisted of 4 students from one institute. The teams were asked to identify use cases and provide an IoT based solution to a real world problem, by connecting ‘Sensors to the Software’ and enabling efficient decisions through Engineering Algorithms to the end user. For the final round, the teams were asked to prepare a working prototype of their IoT solution and present it to panelists from TCS. Each team was also assigned a mentor who guided them on enhancing the value of the end solution.
Launched in 2013 by TCS, EngiNX is an Engineering Design Contest held across engineering institutes in India. It is a platform to bring the best innovation in Engineering Design for the Next Generation by leveraging multi-disciplinary engineering capabilities with end solution on digital platforms. The contest is focused on nurturing budding engineers to showcase their engineering acumen with expert mentoring.
The finalists were awarded provisional job offers and internships, to begin their exciting careers at TCS. Apart from this, the winners received iPhone 6S and the first runners- up walked away with Samsung Note 4. The top teams in the contest also won 20 provisional job offers and internship opportunities with TCS.
All through EngiNX, students could seek support and guidance from experts on Campus Commune – TCS’ student engagement platform through a series of webinars and road-shows. This helped the students to know more about careers in engineering and industrial services at TCS and the opportunities available.
About Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT, BPS,infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model™, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 362,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 45 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $16.5 billion for year ended March 31, 2016 and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com
For TCS global news, follow @TCS_News.
TCS Media Contacts:
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: + 91 22 6778 9078 | +91 22 6778 9081