Just Launched: Official App for TCS Lidingöloppet 2019 Packed with Exciting New Features
Tata Consultancy Services’ State-of-the-art Mobile App Promises Even Richer Experience for Runners and Spectators at the World’s Largest Cross-country Run
STOCKHOLM | MUMBAI, September 20, 2019: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation, has launched the official mobile app for TCS Lidingöloppet, which will be held in Stockholm on September 27-29. The award-winning app, available on the iOS App store and Google Play Store, comes with an enriched experience and new features that allow both runners and spectators to get even more out of the world’s largest cross-country race.
TCS’ app provides event information, local points of interest and other features to navigate the day of the race. One of the most popular features of the app is the built-in tracking system, connecting runners with their supporters from start to finish. It also allows spectators to track an unlimited number of runners with updated splits every 5 kilometres, a runner dashboard page that includes live tracking stats, cheer cards and the option to view and order race-day photos.
Key features of the TCS Lidingöloppet mobile app include:
- Bib Collection: Generates a QR code that will help runners collect their bib at the expo faster.
- Search and Track Runners: Helps search for runners using their name or runner number, while the Track Runner feature will display live stats and progress details such as covered distance and expected finish times for the runners selected. Fans can also refer to last year’s results alongside.
- Course Map: Displays checkpoints, waterpoints, refreshment areas and transition areas, both in normal and satellite view. The course map will also display runner progress, with live updates every five kilometres so that fans can get to the best viewing points throughout the race and cheer their runners on. The app will also give information about other races conducted along their route map.
- Cheer Cards: Enables spectators to create and send their favourite runners customised digital cards. They can use the Inspire Booth to click and customise photos and tag a runner, so they can see them.
- Single source for race information: Allows users to watch the live TV broadcast, get access to the latest news about the race and follow what’s happening on social media.
Avinash Limaye, Country Manager, TCS Sweden, said,“TCS is committed to bringing digital innovation in everything it does. As the title sponsor and official technology partner for TCS Lidingöloppet, we’re delighted to strive for ever better performance and new features that will enhance the experience of this iconic race.”
Ninna Engberg, Secretary General, TCS Lidingöloppet, added,“We are excited about being able to share our new and improved Official Race App, which will give our participants and spectators the best race experience. Our partnership with TCS helps making TCS Lidingöloppet a truly prestigious world-class running event and we work closely together to enhance the experience delivered to both spectators and participants.”
This is TCS’ fourth year as the title sponsor and official technology partner for the event. The race is considered a legendary Swedish sports event and is widely regarded as the world’s largest cross-country run. First established in 1965, Lidingöloppet provides participants with a gruelling 30-kilometre course through open terrain near Stockholm. Traditionally held in September, the race attracts up to 40,000 runners from more than 35 countries, and 60,000 spectators.
About Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for the last fifty years. TCS offers a consulting-led, cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of business, technology and engineering services and solutions. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent Agile delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 436,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $20.9 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019 and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com.
TCS Media Contacts
Phone: +65 9138 4370
Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 422 989 682
Phone: +31 615 903387
Phone: +1 647 790 7602
Phone: +49 172 6615789
Phone: +91 22 6778 9960
Phone: +81 80 2115 0989
Phone: +569 6170 9013
Phone: +44 20 3155 2421
Phone: +1 646 313 4594