TCS Named a ‘Winner’ in Software Product Engineering Services by HFS
TCS’ Business 4.0™ framework, innovation, and intellectual property cited as key strengths
LONDON | MUMBAI, September 12, 2018: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting, and business solutions organization, has been named a ‘Winner’ in the HFS Blueprint Report for Software Product Engineering Services.
TCS’ strengths highlighted in the report include its Business 4.0™ framework that leverages digital technologies and location-independent agile delivery to aid transformations, its strong innovation credentials in the software product engineering space, and high number of patents.
“ISVs and internet companies are embracing emerging technologies like automation and artificial intelligence to gain competitive advantage, provide a superior customer experience, and speed-to-market,” said Nagaraj Ijari, Vice President & Global Head, HiTech Business Unit, TCS. “This recognition is a reflection of our investments in innovation and customer-centric solutions and strong execution focus.”
TCS partners with leading software and technology providers with an end-to-end portfolio of services in product and platform engineering, next generation product engineering, product integration and legacy product portfolio management. TCS’ investments in research and innovation labs, domain and solution labs (in collaboration with customers and partners), and its Co-innovation Network (COIN™) have resulted in innovative solutions that use AI, machine learning, cloud, and analytics and insights to transform customers’ product portfolios.
Some of its product engineering services are:
- Engineering Environment as a Service – A cloud-based framework that enables on-demand anytime-anywhere development and test environment. It helps in improving the utilization of infrastructure resources through centralized management of globally distributed R&D infrastructure and reducing the total cost of ownership. It also helps product engineering teams to increase adoption of Agile and DevOps models, and reduce time-to-market.
- Microservices Development and Deployment Platform – Provides a set of common base services to expedite the development and deployment of microservices, thereby significantly accelerating time-to-market.
- AI-based radio network optimization – Leverages machine learning techniques to predict potential bottlenecks in network performance and suggests potential solutions to help network equipment providers maximize network efficiency.
- TCS Mastercraft™ – A scalable Agile and DevOps platform to plan, execute, automate and govern demand-to-deploy processes, build and ship software changes faster to the market through automation, orchestration of software delivery processes and continuous customer feedback.
- ignio™ – A market-leading cognitive automation platform that uses its pre-built body of knowledge and contextual awareness to diagnose and fix IT operational issues autonomously.
“TCS has established itself as a strong software product engineering service provider with an innovation mindset backed by one of the highest number of patents among the service providers evaluated in this Blueprint, and strong customer references. This is helping it pursue its vision of becoming the partner of choice for all existing and new product initiatives,” said Pareekh Jain, Senior Vice President and Managing Director India, HFS.
“Leveraging our Business 4.0 framework, contextual knowledge of the customer's business, and investments in innovation and intellectual property, we provide differentiated and futuristic software product engineering services. We collaborate with our customers to build a solid Digital foundation to accelerate innovation, enhance agility, support new business models, and launch products that are cognitive, autonomous, programmable, and scalable,” said V Rajanna, Senior Vice President & Global Head, Technology Business Unit, TCS.
About Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for the last fifty years. TCS offers a consulting-led, Cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of IT, Business & Technology Services, and engineering. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent Agile delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 400,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $19.09 billion for year ended March 31, 2018 and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com.
 HFS Blueprint Report for Software Product Engineering Services, HFS Research, August 2018
TCS Media Contacts
Phone: +65 9139 3668
Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 422 989 682
Phone: +31 615 903387
Phone: +49 172 6615789
Phone: +31 611 531246
Phone: +91 22 6778 9960 | +91 22 6778 9081
Phone: +81 80 2115 0989
Phone: +569 6170 9013
Phone: +44 7764 835 773
USA / Canada
Phone: +1 646 313 4594