TCS Wins Two Stevie® Awards for 2019 TCS New York City Marathon App
Tata Consultancy Services Received Gold & Silver Stevie Awards for the App’s Use of Cutting-edge Tech, Record-breaking Number of Downloads and Extended User Time Metrics
NEW YORK | MUMBAI, May 28, 2020: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has won two Stevies in the 2020 American Business Awards®, the nation’s premier business awards program, for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon app. TCS received a Gold Stevie® in the category Mobile Marketing Campaign of the Year and a Silver Stevie in the category Best User Experience.
More than 3,800 nominations from U.S. organizations – public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small and in virtually every industry – were submitted this year for consideration, and more than 230 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s Stevie Award winners.
With the latest wins, the TCS New York City Marathon app has now received two Gold and two Silver Stevie Awards in the Mobile Marketing Campaign of the Year category over the last four years.
“We have been the title and technology sponsor of the TCS New York City Marathon since 2014. Each year, TCS strives to make it the world’s most technologically advanced race through immersive and lasting experiences that spark engagement from the participants and their support communities, whether local or around the globe,” said Michelle Taylor, Global Head, Sports Sponsorships, TCS. “Winning four Stevie Awards over the last four years is a testament to our continued commitment to enhancing the world’s greatest marathon experience with cutting-edge and purpose-built technology.”
The 2019 TCS New York City Marathon app was created by TCS Interactive, an award-winning iconic design and digital experiences group within TCS, in collaboration with the marathon organizer, New York Road Runners. The app highlights that were recognized by the judges and contributed to it winning the awards include:
- The most downloaded marathon app ever, exceeding 492,000 downloads and representing a 12.4 percent increase compared to the prior year.
- On race day, there were 120,000 active app users per second and average user time was over 26 minutes.
- The first marathon app to offer augmented reality (AR) capabilities. This feature unlocked surprise-and-delight experiences including inspirational messages from 2017 TCS New York City Marathon Champion, Shalane Flanagan, when used on race bibs and offered animated racecourse facts when used on mural artwork created by a local NYC artist. These features were developed by TCS' XR Lab, a cutting-edge group dedicated to the development of XR technology to solve real-world problems.
- Spectators had the ability to track an unlimited number of runners with the live, on-course app tracking feature and of the world-record 53,600+ finishers, nearly all were tracked.
- For the first time ever, runners’ splits were recorded at every mile starting at mile 3, in addition to 5K splits.
- There was a nearly 70 percent increase in the creation of race-day itineraries, which included recommended viewing locations, runners’ estimated arrival times, and directions for race spectators.
“In the 18th Annual American Business Awards, organizations continue to demonstrate their commitment to innovation, creativity, and bottom-line results,” said Stevie Awards President, Maggie Gallagher. “This year’s Stevie-winning nominations exemplify persistence, ingenuity, resourcefulness, and compassion. We celebrate all their inspiring stories.”
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in eight programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, the Middle East Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards®, The International Business Awards®, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 12,000 entries each year from organizations in more than 70 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com.
About Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for over 50 years. TCS offers a consulting-led, cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of business, technology and engineering services and solutions. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent AgileTM delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 448,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $22 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020, and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com.
To stay up to date on TCS global news, follow @TCS_News.
TCS Media Contacts
Phone: +65 9138 4370
Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 422 989 682
Phone: +31 615 903387
Phone:: +1 647 790 7602
Phone: +49 172 6615789
Phone: +91 22 6778 9960
Phone: +81 80-2115-0989
Phone: +569 6170 9013
Phone: +46 70 317 80 24
Phone: +44 20 3155 2421
Phone: +1 646 313 4594