In the Business 4.0™ era, the technology pillars of agile, intelligence, automation, and cloud have become the foundation for an adaptive core or ‘digital spine’ for an organization.
Located at Carnegie Mellon University, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Pace Port™ Pittsburgh is a co-innovation and advanced research hub designed to help clients establish their competitive differentiation using these Business 4.0 technology pillars. It is also an environment that allows for innovation to flourish and fashion enterprise-wide innovation and transformation journeys.
While its set-up serves all industry verticals, TCS Pace Port Pittsburgh focuses on innovation in the Manufacturing and Utilities industries along with the IoT and Digitate units for its Research & Innovation (R&I) charter. This unique innovation spaces leverages the following:
- TCS Innovation Showcases: A presentation and engagement facility that helps clients visualize the phases of their digital transformation journey
- TCS COIN™ Accelerator: A collaborative space for a network comprising TCS associates, client teams, CMU academia, and a group of select start-ups to co-innovate and co-create
- TCS Agile Workspace: A fully equipped agile working environment to run business solution concepts, with devoted virtual environments engineered to emulate real-world conditions
- TCS Academic Research Lab: A space that allows researchers to gain exposure to the thinking and collaborative eco-system research environment enabled by TCS, while furthering a research agenda across cutting-edge technology areas such as AI, blockchain, advanced analytics, cybersecurity and quantum computing
- TCS Rapid Lab: An incubation lab that aims at accelerating innovation, solving business problems, moving faster from concept to design and experience, and accelerating innovation acceptance
- A real-world approach: Cutting-edge collaborative research that addresses real-world problems by leveraging the latest in technological innovation in utilities and manufacturing, and ML tools
- The future-proofing of business: Laying the business foundation for an AI-enabled value chain to support evolving business models and ecosystem networks in a digital world
- The Carnegie Mellon advantage: Harnessing Carnegie Mellon University’s prowess in research and innovation, and leveraging a robust startup ecosystem covering business and technology domains, the hub enables collaborative experimentation, rapid prototyping, and continual learning
- Collective intelligence: Solving critical business challenges using co-creation and co-innovation through an eco-system combining TCS scale with clients, partners, academia and analysts