COIN™ brings you the following:
- Innovative solutions sourced globally, customized to customer requirements
- Solutions in emergent and disruptive technologies
- Risk mitigation in deploying futuristic solutions
- Simplification in an increasingly complex technical environment
In delivering these, a COIN™ engagement enables you to achieve enhanced business benefits.
COIN™ is led by TCS Innovation Labs and includes academic institutions, start-ups, venture funds, strategic alliance partners, multilateral organizations and key clients. This helps COIN™ bring forth true synergies and provide an ecosystem-like perspective to innovation.
TCS connects to academic institutions in the following ways:
- We fund research. Much of this research is in basic and applied sciences that will benefit us and our customers in the long run.
- We provide opportunities for sabbaticals, encouraging TCSers to work in university departments that are engaged in advanced research in various fields.
- We invite researchers from academia to work as interns or on specific projects in the TCS Innovation Labs.
- We sponsor / host various events (conferences / workshops / visits) and promote publications.
Academic institutions in COIN™ include the following:
- Stanford University, Stanford, United States
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, United States
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, United States
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, United States
- Indian Institute of Technology - Kanpur, India
- Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
We explore the following areas through our academic alliances:
Data Privacy, Software Testing, Management of Information Technology, Software Process Design and Product Quality Improvement, Large scale Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Advanced OFDM for Wireless Communications, Multilingual Information Processing, Enterprise optical grids, Smart E-Business, Dissemination of Dynamic Data in Wide Area Networks, End-to-End Reconfigurability (E2R) and Network Security.
A market leader strategizes differently from a start-up.
However, in today’s competitive environment, it is important for an established company to know the ideas at work in start-ups—the niche products they make, the new markets they create and their potential for breakthrough or “disruptive” innovation—and support the promising ones. A large number of start-ups have been put through COIN™’s stringent de-risking process to work on innovative solutions with TCS and its customers.
Our start-up engagements have been geographically well distributed, with partners in the United States, Europe and Asia and the focus is on new and exciting technology areas such as Data Center Optimization Solutions, On Demand Distributed Software Development Solutions and Compliance Cost Reduction Solutions.
Some of our start-up alliances include the following:
- iKen Solutions: iKen Solution specializes in intelligent business systems backed by hybrid AI (Artificial Intelligence) techniques (expert system, case-based reasoning, neural networks and genetic algorithms). Mooga platform from iKen is a comprehensive Consumer 3.0 analytics framework for N=1 personalized experiences. It acts like a backbone for all personalization and recommendations across different types of verticals.
TCS has collaborated with iKen in developing an e-commerce platform to cater to its clients. TCS’ eCommerce platform uses the Mooga platform to power the Customer portal with its Analytics services (personalization and various flavors of recommendation) to enhance consumer experience. The platform will enable companies to gain a real business edge and significant advantages while reaping increased value from their customer experience.
- Perfecto Mobile: Perfecto Mobile is a global leading provider of cloud-based testing, automation and monitoring solutions for mobile applications and websites, utilizing a wide selection of REAL mobile devices accessible via the web. Perfecto enables developers and testers, located anywhere in the world, to access a comprehensive range of the latest mobile handsets and tablets via the Internet. Users can develop, test, deploy and monitor their mobile applications and services without having to physically obtain the handsets. TCS has engaged with Perfecto on various occasions to provide automation testing solutions. Leveraging TCS’ depth of expertise in automation testing and Perfecto’s strength of innovation in automation testing, both organizations have partnered to deliver unique and innovative solutions to the clients.
Venture Capital Funds
As financiers of the next generation of technologies, Venture Capitalists provide a key connect to innovation. TCS works with VCs across the globe and with their respective portfolio companies to deliver next generation solutions to its customers. We have established alliances with several start-ups working with VCs.
Some of the VC firms that TCS actively works with are as follows:
- Andreessen Horowitz (United States of America)
- Sierra Ventures (United States of America)
- Sequoia Capital (United States of America)
- Novak Biddle (United States of America)
- Norwest Venture Partners (United States of America)
- Conor VC (Sweden)
We have forged strong partnerships with many of the world's foremost technology and services providers like Intel, SAP, HP, Cisco, Sun and EMC to deliver wide ranging customer solutions. These are not marketing alliances, but true co-innovation partnerships through which we pool expertise and create solutions for the future.
One of the disruptive areas being explored collaboratively with Intel is balanced computing that enhances manageability, security, end-user experience and TCO for customers.
TCS is one of the only large-scale global companies that were able, through its dedicated COIN program, to actually establish and carry on a successful working relationship with our small startup company. In most cases, the combination of such a large-scale and mature company with a small growth-stage company is near impossible to implement. TCS sees the future with us, and is sharing in our vision of changing the face of security through advanced technology and a new ‘security as a service model.’ But what substantially separates TCS from all the others is the fact that they found the practical mechanism to work with us on bringing this vision to life and establishing a path to a growing long-term relationship.”
- Qylur Securities Systems Inc., Dr. Alysia Sagi-Dolev, PhD, Founder and CEO