COIN™ brings you the following:
- Innovative solutions sourced globally, customized to customer requirements
- Solutions in emergent and disruptive technologies
- Risk mitigation in deploying futuristic solutions
- Simplification in an increasingly complex technical environment
In delivering these, a COIN™ engagement enables you to achieve enhanced business benefits.
COIN™ is led by TCS Innovation Labs and includes academic institutions, start-ups, venture funds, strategic alliance partners, multilateral organizations and key clients. This helps COIN™ bring forth true synergies and provide an ecosystem-like perspective to innovation.
TCS connects to academic institutions in the following ways:
- We fund research. Much of this research is in basic and applied sciences that will benefit us and our customers in the long run.
- We provide opportunities for sabbaticals, encouraging TCSers to work in university departments that are engaged in advanced research in various fields.
- We invite researchers from academia to work as interns or on specific projects in the TCS Innovation Labs.
- We sponsor / host various events (conferences / workshops / visits) and promote publications.
Academic institutions in COIN™ include the following:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, United States
- University of California Berkeley
- Aalborg University, Denmark
- Said Business School Oxford University
- Purdue University, Indiana
- Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras ,India
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
We explore the following areas through our academic alliances:
Software Engineering, Program Ananlysis, Data Privacy, Software Testing, , Computational Biology Requirements Engineering , Supply Chain Planning and Optimisation, Wireless and Embedded Systems Research, Quantitative Finance, Intelligent Infrastructure, Cyber Physical Systems Research, Steel Technology, Product & Engineering Design Formal Methods.
A market leader strategizes differently from a start-up.
However, in today’s competitive environment, it is important for an established company to know the ideas at work in start-ups—the niche products they make, the new markets they create and their potential for breakthrough or “disruptive” innovation—and support the promising ones. A large number of start-ups have been put through COIN™’s stringent de-risking process to work on innovative solutions with TCS and its customers.
Our start-up engagements have been geographically well distributed, with partners in the United States, Europe and Asia and the focus is on new and exciting technology areas such as Data Center Optimization Solutions, On Demand Distributed Software Development Solutions and Compliance Cost Reduction Solutions.
Some of our start-up alliances include the following:
||Customer Experience Analytics |
||Real-time Contact Center Performance Monitoring|
||Sentiment Analysis, Social Media Monitoring |
||Unified Customer Interaction Process |
||Desktop Activity Intelligence and Improvement Software, Enterprise Mobility|
||Sentiment Analysis, Social Media Monitoring |
||Business Transaction Management|
||AI-based Consumer Analytics Platform |
||Semantic Virtual Assistant|
||Customer Experience Management |
||Video Content Management |
||CRM Solutions for Customer Experience Management|
||Text to Speech Engine |
||User Process Improvement / User Experience |
||Disaster Recovery Management |
||Information Rights Management|
||Customer Interaction Management|
||Automation and Software Application Testing|
||Service Design, Product Design and Interaction Design|
Venture Capital Funds
As financiers of the next generation of technologies, Venture Capitalists provide a key connect to innovation. TCS works with VCs across the globe and with their respective portfolio companies to deliver next generation solutions to its customers. We have established alliances with several start-ups working with VCs.
Some of the VC firms that TCS actively works with are as follows:
- Andreessen Horowitz (United States of America)
- Sierra Ventures (United States of America)
- Sequoia Capital (United States of America)
- Novak Biddle (United States of America)
- Norwest Venture Partners (United States of America)
- Conor VC (Sweden)
We have forged strong partnerships with many of the world's foremost technology and services providers like Intel, SAP, HP, Cisco, Sun and EMC to deliver wide ranging customer solutions. These are not marketing alliances, but true co-innovation partnerships through which we pool expertise and create solutions for the future.
One of the disruptive areas being explored collaboratively with Intel is balanced computing that enhances manageability, security, end-user experience and TCO for customers.
“Sitting facing a panel of senior TCS technologists in the CTO's conference room in Chennai back in 2012 was rather intimidating. But being recognised as having a test tool capable of supporting TCS projects around the world as a partner in the Co-Innovation Network has been hugely rewarding...and of course made the time spent with TCS engineers and senior managers all very worth while! As a new entrant to the software test tools market, our partnership with TCS through COIN has opened up many opportunities to the benefit of TCS, it's clients...and TestPlant!”
- TestPlant, George Mackintosh, CEO
“TCS has been enabling iKen make in-roads and take its product into the developed markets. The retail team has opened for us doors with some of the biggest players in the retail space. iKen is poised and fully committed to supporting TCS leverage our expertise for other industries as well, such as BFSI, Telecom, Media and Entertainment to name a few.”
- iKen Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Rahul Prakash, Head-Marketing & Alliances